Re: Accepted TODAY !!
« Reply #1070 on: February 07, 2007, 09:26:25 AM »
In at WUSTL yesterday via e-mail.

Einstein

• View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: February 07, 2007, 09:26:45 AM »
in at Loyola chicago

Congratulations :) That's exciting! Great city to be in.

If you like the cold and the wind.. if you can get past that, then sure..

SilentSwirl

• Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: February 07, 2007, 09:30:20 AM »
in at Loyola chicago

Oh c'mon, Chicago has lots more to offer than just cold and wind! Of course, I wasn't thinking that last week when my friend in Chicago was talking about -8 temperatures and I was gloating about a sunny 65 in Houston.

« Reply #1073 on: February 07, 2007, 09:46:15 AM »
wow no acceptances yet today?  Wednesdays seem to be really slow days in terms of news from adcoms. 

Einstein

• View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: February 07, 2007, 09:48:10 AM »
in at Loyola chicago

Oh c'mon, Chicago has lots more to offer than just cold and wind! Of course, I wasn't thinking that last week when my friend in Chicago was talking about -8 temperatures and I was gloating about a sunny 65 in Houston.
That's right! -8 degrees... I don't think I have even felt temperatures that cold...  It really doesn't sound pleasant.  

And you really don't want to be walking to class from the trains in Chicago in -8 degrees...
Might as well pay rent at one of the study corrals in the library and just live there... might not be such a bad idea if they would let you do it.  Cheap rent, free utilities, and no -8 degrees.  Perfect.

ihope i hope

• I will be living in a cardboard box....forever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: February 07, 2007, 09:49:11 AM »
Meh, I got into Western New England today with 19K out of 22K a year, but that doesn't seem as much of an acomplishment compaired to the Full Ride Yale types.

« Reply #1076 on: February 07, 2007, 10:27:35 AM »
wow no acceptances yet today?  Wednesdays seem to be really slow days in terms of news from adcoms. 

It could also be that most people haven't received their mail yet.  Just a thought.  :)

Reach

• View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: February 07, 2007, 10:56:45 AM »

It could also be that most people haven't received their mail yet.  Just a thought.  :)

I'm hoping someone gets the Virginia mailing for those who went complete on Monday.

mantis

• View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: February 07, 2007, 11:14:37 AM »
Man.. Reach, I totally totally figured you were posting here to say you had been admitted to UVA.  Boo.  :)

Reach

• View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: February 07, 2007, 11:20:23 AM »
Man.. Reach, I totally totally figured you were posting here to say you had been admitted to UVA.  Boo.  :)

Haha!  Sorry about that...maybe their decision will get lost in the mail and you'll still get yours before me?  I wouldn't put it outside of the realm of possibility yet, that's for sure.

I haven't been to LSN in a while since I've had nothing to update, but I see now that you're complete at most of your schools.  I think you'll see some movement this month, but if you get a decision in hand at both Penn and Virginia before me, I'll try to not be jealous at all.  I might fail, but I'll really, really try!