Law School Discussion

The SCORE THREAD

Re: The SCORE THREAD
« Reply #240 on: December 21, 2006, 06:39:11 PM »
Got a 161.  -7 on LG.

First time I've taken the test.  I did a few practice tests on my own 4-5 months back and scored about the same.  Been studying on and off since then but never hit the LG like I should have.  I studied but didn't study smart.

Have a 3.45 from USC and now a 161.  Anyone know what my chances are of getting into University of San Diego?  My degree is in Public Relations which is kind of soft.

Mnemeson

• Fit for a clown
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 21, 2006, 06:41:21 PM »
San Diego's median LSAT is 161, 3.34 so you should be competitive... 163/3.54 75%, 158/3.1 25%

LizPendens™

• The Real Alice -- Adventures in Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 21, 2006, 06:46:10 PM »
folks, please contribut to the data pool on retakes here:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,78611.0.html

there have to be more score drops than the votes suggest. if yours did, please vote. we need valid data.  no one will know and you'll be helping future lsat people whether to risk retaking.

« Reply #243 on: December 21, 2006, 06:47:17 PM »
OHH My GOD. I have been terrified to open my score since it got to my mailbox at 6pm, I got a 167 in September, and was just desperate for a 170. I just opened it up. 177!!!! i havent posted that much but I read you guys everyday, thanks for everything.

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 21, 2006, 06:49:00 PM »
Got 177, which is 1 point below my practice average.  -0 Games, -1 LR, -4 RC.  That -4 is the worst I can recall doing on RC, but I can't complain considering the rest of the test!!

I am officially a splitter now, as I thought I would be.  3.41 is my GPA.  So we'll see how that goes!

flyaway, i missed 4 in RC and 1 in LR too.

but you're still happy w/ your 177, right?  ;)

what schools you applying to?

Totally happy!!  I'm really high on Michigan and Duke.  I'll apply to Harvard, but not getting my hopes up, because at LSN it looks like they don't take 3.4s period.  Other interesting schools: Cornell, Texas, Vanderbilt, among others.  Applying to Georgetown's PT program in case something falls through with selling the house, etc. and we can't relocate.

Mostly looking for good schools with strong international programs and reasonable cost of living.

So you're 177 too?  Where are you applying?

mantis

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 21, 2006, 06:51:36 PM »
Congrats. Awesome post. LSD touches so many lives.

True story.  178.

« Reply #246 on: December 21, 2006, 06:52:17 PM »
Wow I just got crushed by my score.  I thought I would have done much better.  160 :(

« Reply #247 on: December 21, 2006, 06:55:03 PM »
Totally happy!!  I'm really high on Michigan and Duke.  I'll apply to Harvard, but not getting my hopes up, because at LSN it looks like they don't take 3.4s period.  Other interesting schools: Cornell, Texas, Vanderbilt, among others.  Applying to Georgetown's PT program in case something falls through with selling the house, etc. and we can't relocate.

Mostly looking for good schools with strong international programs and reasonable cost of living.

So you're 177 too?  Where are you applying?

i'm looking at michigan as well, but i really wanna be in a big city.  haha.  if we both get harvard though, let's go to cambridge!  the COL isn't quite that bad  ;)

« Reply #248 on: December 21, 2006, 07:12:37 PM »
Got a 161.  -7 on LG.

First time I've taken the test.  I did a few practice tests on my own 4-5 months back and scored about the same.  Been studying on and off since then but never hit the LG like I should have.  I studied but didn't study smart.

Have a 3.45 from USC and now a 161.  Anyone know what my chances are of getting into University of San Diego?  My degree is in Public Relations which is kind of soft.

Im also applying to USD with similar numbers, I think well be ok.

Jmir018

« Reply #249 on: December 21, 2006, 07:40:05 PM »
HOLY *&^%!!!!.. i never got an email.. i checked the LSAC wesite and my score was there!! i got ONWED.. mother f-ing LSAT>..
f-ing pisss of *&^% test..
I goto go cry now.. @#!*..
Merry freaking x-mas to me!!!