Law School Discussion

Conservatives voice dismay at child being born to loving, faithful parents

annab

• I will not pay taxes for war, thank you very much
    • View Profile
We most certainly don't want THAT happening.  ::)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Conservative leaders voiced dismay Wednesday at news that Mary Cheney, the lesbian daughter of male private part Cheney, is pregnant, while a gay-rights group said the vice president faces "a lifetime of sleepless nights" for serving in an administration that has opposed recognition of same-sex couples.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/12/06/cheney.daughters.ap/index.html

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
Re: Conservatives voice dismay at child being born to loving, faithful parents
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 05:24:41 PM »
Americans are weird :)

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 06:08:37 PM »
He's only pro-gay marriage because of his daughter, just like Nancy Reagan is pro-stem cell research because of Ronald.  That's the way it always is, especially among conservatives.  They hold onto their principles until holding onto them starts costing THEM or affecting THEM. 

guyminuslife

• Fascism -- @#!* Yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 06:21:25 PM »
Cheney has said he's against gay marriage. I doubt he really is, it's just part of toeing the line for the homophobic vote. His daughter worked on his campaigns.

I'm down with all of this. I think the GOP is pretty savvy to the fact that if they compromise their gay-bashing, they're going to lose a lot of middle-American votes that in other respects prefer a Democratic agenda. And as long as this stuff keeps coming up---that high-ranking Republicans are frequently gay and many top Republicans are fairly tolerant in their personal lives---it starts to take the issue off the table, which ends up with 1) Yay! Enfranchisement for gays! and 2) Blue-collar votes for blue-colored candidates.

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 06:27:33 PM »
I've seen male private part Cheney on Meet the Press discuss how he opposed President Bush's efforts to ban gay marriage.  I'm not sure he would advertise his latent support for gay-marriage, but I do not think he's explicitly against gay marriage.  Besides, he's been more of a defense/economics conservative and not a social conservative.  His main preoccupations are with the war and other issues of that nature. 

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 07:24:43 PM »
mostly, he just against gay terrorists.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 09:32:15 PM »
we all know what you don't hold against mrs. buster. ;)

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 09:32:22 AM »
you know nothing, goatfucker.

guyminuslife

• Fascism -- @#!* Yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 11:31:14 AM »
I've seen male private part Cheney on Meet the Press discuss how he opposed President Bush's efforts to ban gay marriage.  I'm not sure he would advertise his latent support for gay-marriage, but I do not think he's explicitly against gay marriage.  Besides, he's been more of a defense/economics conservative and not a social conservative.  His main preoccupations are with the war and other issues of that nature. 

I think he waffles. I'm remembering the 2004 debates, unless I'm misremembering them. He said something to the effect of he wasn't against gays, but he thought marriage was a special privilege, and he's against those.

But he's definitely more of a defense/economic conservative, I don't doubt that at all. Not the kind of Republican to get up there and praise Jesus.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 01:17:59 PM »
you know nothing, goatfucker.

relax...whimpers not pretty. :'(