Law School Discussion

Poll

Do you believe women should be placed into/allowed into combat situations in the US military?

No, the army is not societyís testing ground
No, itís unfair, but it is too much of a distraction for male soldiers in dangerous situations
No, other reasons
Yes, there is no justifiable reason women should be discriminated against
Yes, women can be more capable than men in this area
Yes, other reasons
Yes, but ONLY if they are held to equal standards

Women in combat situations

Ever

Women in combat situations
« on: October 26, 2006, 10:29:18 PM »
Oh yes, you have to vote in order to see the results.  ;D

h2xblive

Re: Women in combat situations
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 10:42:40 PM »
If women want to fight, let them fight.

wannaB1L

• Mike Nifong '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 10:57:38 PM »
I have heard from buddies over there that women freak out and cry when the lead flies. I am not trying to put them down, one of my former Sgts said he peed his pants during his first fire fight in Vietnam, and he has more awards than anyone I have ever seen first hand. I am in a combat unit, so I never see women; but I have been to an Army school with women and was disgusted by their behavior and the fact that the 1st Sergeant coddled them. These women were a joke and they made all women look bad. It made me feel sorry for the one girl who was a "real" soldier. The other girls gave women in the Army a bad name. I will concede that a few women are up to the task of combat though, but generally they are not.

Also if a woman does 17 pushups she passes her PT test, but a male can fail with 38 push-ups. Who would you rather depend on to pull your bloodied body out of a ditch and hump you back to the rear? A human that can do 38 push-ups, or one that can only do 17? It's all about keeping my ass alive!

I would like to note that women are better at some things and men at others. We are different, and I celebrate the fact that we are so.

Ever

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 11:04:54 PM »
Also if a woman does 17 pushups she passes her PT test, but a male can fail with 38 push-ups. Who would you rather depend on to pull your bloodied body out of a ditch and hump you back to the rear? A human that can do 38 push-ups, or one that can only do 17? It's all about keeping my ass alive!

I would like to note that women are better at some things and men at others. We are different, and I celebrate the fact that we are so.

Interesting points. Something for me to think about.

h2xblive

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 11:05:15 PM »
I have heard from buddies over there that women freak out and cry when the lead flies. I am not trying to put them down, one of my former Sgts said he peed his pants during his first fire fight in Vietnam, and he has more awards than anyone I have ever seen first hand. I am in a combat unit, so I never see women; but I have been to an Army school with women and was disgusted by their behavior and the fact that the 1st Sergeant coddled them. These women were a joke and they made all women look bad. It made me feel sorry for the one girl who was a "real" soldier. The other girls gave women in the Army a bad name. I will concede that a few women are up to the task of combat though, but generally they are not.

If women are put into combat situations, they should be held to the same standard as men - at least I think so.

Ever

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 11:09:22 PM »
Rest to account

wannaB1L

• Mike Nifong '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 11:41:11 PM »
Two women captains, one in the Air Force and one in the Army, spoke at the CMR conference. The woman Air Force captain said, "One of my senior leaders looked shocked when I would tell him women shouldn't be in combat." She said that she saw women fail in emergency-relief drills "because they can't lift anybody up. They can't lift up females." The woman Army captain said that she does not support putting women in combat because "there is a difference between men and women. That is a fact, not a matter of opinion."

found this little jewel

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 10:17:15 AM »
hmmm, so far no one has said no.

maybe if you rephrased it and asked if it was their/your daughter?

Jinx

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 10:25:20 AM »

'

Ummm, so what?

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 10:26:01 AM »

'

Ummm, so what?

opinions might change then.