Law School Discussion

New/Updated Sept 06 Master LR List (45/50 questions)

dusya4

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: New/Updated Sept 06 Master LR List (43/50 questions)
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2006, 06:45:45 AM »
does anyone remember the other answer choices for 9. carrots + fat question?? 

the insomniac question: i was stuck between 2 answers.  one was that when insomniacs were included in the study, the correlation between melatonin and sleep inducement was weakened.  the other was that insomniacs did not feel any benefits from the melatonin.

fastfood turnover question:  i got stuck on that answer choice but i changed to something else at the last minute.  can someone explain to me why there would be a reduced job turnover after a minimum wage increase?  wouldn't the turnover be higher since people usually get fired after a wage increase?

#43 i concur with someone above...the assumption linked investment in technology with progress. 

The other answer for the carrot question was something like it is a bad reason for the action that the dietician recommends.

For the insomniacs question I considered the same two but I didn't think the first one weakened the question as much as the second one because the question was asking to strengthen the conclusion that the drug isn't effective in treating insomniacs if the correlation is only weakened, it could be that the drug is only somewhat effective but that doesn't really support the stated conclusion.

dusya4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2006, 06:48:07 AM »
30. Warm weather causes increased humidity *WHAT IS THIS?*
Answer: I think that’s a parallel question with a mistaken reversal. 

>>>>Correct answer said something like “Eating fruits and veggies makes you healthy.  This guy is healthy, so he must eat fruits and veggies.”

Yes, I remember that one, picked the same one as you did. It was definitely a parallel reasoning questions.

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2006, 06:49:16 AM »
I can't believe no one remembers this answer choice for the insomniac question. One of the premises said that some insomniacs were not greatly affected by this drug. One of the answer choices said: "If the drug is effective it would benefit/affect all insomniacs equally" or something like that. Since not everyone was affected equally, you can conlude that the drug is not effective...

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2006, 06:52:39 AM »
IIRC, that answer choice used the phrase "it would appear to benefit all insomniacs" equally, which made it seem less than concrete. 

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2006, 06:53:31 AM »
IIRC, that answer choice used the phrase "it would appear to benefit all insomniacs" equally, which made it seem less than concrete. 
Yea but i think one of the premises said it appeared that it did not affect some insomniacs.

thestradgirl

• where dreams you dare to dream really do come true
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2006, 06:55:45 AM »
The updated list is the second message in this thread.

I tried to update the list from pg. 17 onwards. I think we figured out five additional questions since Duhon stopped updating. They are at the bottom of the list in the second message, #39-43 under, "NEW/UPDATED"

Thanks Broo. You are awesome. :)

thestradgirl

• where dreams you dare to dream really do come true
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2006, 07:06:19 AM »
29. Elderly who moved to a town had better health than elderly who lived there their whole lives *PARADOX EXCEPT*
Answer: Most people in the town are young

Broo, the question was about that the old ppl who were the orginal townspeople were less healthy or needed more insurance than old people who moved in from outside of town. Some answer choices included that the quality of insurance was poorer for that town than the rest of the community (answer choice D) or that those who were able to relocate to a new place had better health (E). The answer was C, that YOUNG people MOVED IN (not that the townspeople were young - this answer choice was the only one that referred to "young" people) and the original townspeople were old; since the question is comparing OLD Original Towners vs. OLD  Out-Of-Towners Who Moved In, talking about young people does nothing at all to expalin the paradox. I am 99.99999% certain about the stimulus, the answer question, and about my recollection of those answer choices.

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2006, 07:08:44 AM »
Did anyone have a monkey extinction question? Something about rain forests containing bugs they liked? Or was that on experimental?

dusya4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2006, 07:12:20 AM »
Did anyone have a monkey extinction question? Something about rain forests containing bugs they liked? Or was that on experimental?

experimental

dusya4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2006, 07:13:57 AM »
The updated list is the second message in this thread.

I tried to update the list from pg. 17 onwards. I think we figured out five additional questions since Duhon stopped updating. They are at the bottom of the list in the second message, #39-43 under, "NEW/UPDATED"

Thanks Broo. You are awesome. :)

Definitely seconded. Thank you so much for taking this on.