Law School Discussion

Anyone already decide to postpone from September to December?

Jets

• At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone already decide to postpone from September to December?
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2006, 07:53:12 AM »
Going to a school that you perceive to be 'bad' does not make one 'not smart.' You can't form an adequate judgment of a person on the internet based on the school they're going to. There's probably a number of factors that went into her decision to go wherever she's going, and with a 173 on the LSAT, I'm sure she had plenty of other options.

I wasn't drawing a connection between intelligence and my perception of any school; rather, I question her integrity.

She claims to have studied for 6 months.  She claims to have gotten a 174 (or maybe 175?) on the LSAT.  She claims to have been accepted everywhere she applied with scholarships to most places.  With her alleged background and LSAT score, she could have pulled full rides from T2 and even some T1 schools; yet she goes to a local T4.  Hmmm.

Ah, well, it is not my place to judge unless the contest is in mustache size.

Maybe her only goal in studying as she did for the LSAT was to go to a local T4. Just because she pursued it fervently does not mean she  aspired to T1 or T2. She could've also come to the conclusion that going to a local T4 was in her best interests AFTER the LSAT. You're right: it's not your place to judge. And, for the record, how do you know she goes to a T4?

JoeGibbsRedskins

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2006, 09:58:26 AM »
That school is a joke. She put out the stat that there was 225 seats and 4,000 people sent in applications. These people probaly have 139 LSAT scores.

No person with even a 155 would go there.  Much less  a 174.  It all seems strange.

bass

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2006, 10:04:23 AM »
It does seem odd.  If you were tied to that area, you could go to UCSD in your sleep, given a 174 (+URM).  Almost no GPA would be low enough to keep you out.  You'd almost certainly get $ too.

JoeGibbsRedskins

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2006, 10:15:09 AM »
It does seem odd.  If you were tied to that area, you could go to UCSD in your sleep, given a 174 (+URM).  Almost no GPA would be low enough to keep you out.  You'd almost certainly get $ too.

Yes. And she said she applied  and got accepted to every school she wanted. And got full scholarships at almost every school. Including T14. So her story is not adding up.

I think she works for Thomas Jefferson. And is trying to recruit people to go there. That is just my conspiracy theory.

Booyakasha2

• Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2006, 10:24:11 AM »
Has she ever gone into her rational for going there?

JoeGibbsRedskins

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2006, 10:35:43 AM »
Has she ever gone into her rational for going there?

That  they were the first school to accept her. They accepted her in like 4 days. So she was impressed.

jrosh

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2006, 12:07:31 PM »
Going to a school that you perceive to be 'bad' does not make one 'not smart.' You can't form an adequate judgment of a person on the internet based on the school they're going to. There's probably a number of factors that went into her decision to go wherever she's going, and with a 173 on the LSAT, I'm sure she had plenty of other options.

I wasn't drawing a connection between intelligence and my perception of any school; rather, I question her integrity.

She claims to have studied for 6 months.  She claims to have gotten a 174 (or maybe 175?) on the LSAT.  She claims to have been accepted everywhere she applied with scholarships to most places.  With her alleged background and LSAT score, she could have pulled full rides from T2 and even some T1 schools; yet she goes to a local T4.  Hmmm.

Maybe her only goal in studying as she did for the LSAT was to go to a local T4.
Just because she pursued it fervently does not mean she  aspired to T1 or T2. She could've also come to the conclusion that going to a local T4 was in her best interests AFTER the LSAT. You're right: it's not your place to judge. And, for the record, how do you know she goes to a T4?

I think Vera was only interested in attending her local law school. Also, she has small children to support, and she wants to keep her full time job as a principal.  That's the reason why she chose that school.

jrosh

« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2006, 12:20:14 PM »

I think Vera was only interested in attending her local law school. Also, she has small children to support, and she wants to keep her full time job as a principal.  That's the reason why she chose that school.

This line of reasoning follows if TJ is the only local school providing a curriculum that can be worked around a full time job.

Honestly, I think if anyone is truly interested in why Vera chose that school, it's best to just go ask her-at least then you wouldn't have to waste time speculating.

JoeGibbsRedskins

« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2006, 12:21:16 PM »

Maybe her only goal in studying as she did for the LSAT was to go to a local T4.
Just because she pursued it fervently does not mean she  aspired to T1 or T2. She could've also come to the conclusion that going to a local T4 was in her best interests AFTER the LSAT. You're right: it's not your place to judge. And, for the record, how do you know she goes to a T4?

Well that makes sense then.  I know people who got into T-14 schools, some with partial scholorships, but decided to go to UMD Law since it was on a full ride and it was in the area they planned on working in.

A big difference betwen UMD and Thomas. t1 vs t4.  I understand planning your life around children. But rock bottom?

JoeGibbsRedskins

« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2006, 12:23:47 PM »

This line of reasoning follows if TJ is the only local school providing a curriculum that can be worked around a full time job.

Honestly, I think if anyone is truly interested in why Vera chose that school, it's best to just go ask her-at least then you wouldn't have to waste time speculating.

It does not matter why she chose that school. It just makes us question her advice. You can spin it all you want. The school is crap.

I can chose to live on the streets. It does not matter why i chose to do it. It is dumb. That is like Tom Brady going to play in the arena football league. You do not get a 174 and pick one of the worst law schools in america. Its fishy.