Law School Discussion

Anyone already decide to postpone from September to December?

JoeGibbsRedskins

Re: Anyone already decide to postpone from September to December?
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2006, 11:50:58 AM »
I thought taking in June and then Sept was kinda late...people want to postpone till Dec & Feb??...most T1's and T2's are already 95% full by Feb, which means last hope should've already applied by Dec.

I might've done crumby my first run, and even if I do almost as bad the second time around at least I'll know it's done with and I tried. I don't know about you guys but when I postpone things I end up seeing how long I can keep doing so, and I'm certainly not letting that happen for law school. My apps will be all done and out by mid October...maybe earlier!!

On the other hand i see you got a 154. It is better to get a  high lsat score in december. You can still get into most schools. Even if you apply early with a average LSAT score they will just waitlist you.

The key is to do well on the LSAT. It only takes 1 school to accept you. You do not need a majority.

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2006, 12:22:46 PM »
I thought taking in June and then Sept was kinda late...people want to postpone till Dec & Feb??...most T1's and T2's are already 95% full by Feb, which means last hope should've already applied by Dec.

I might've done crumby my first run, and even if I do almost as bad the second time around at least I'll know it's done with and I tried. I don't know about you guys but when I postpone things I end up seeing how long I can keep doing so, and I'm certainly not letting that happen for law school. My apps will be all done and out by mid October...maybe earlier!!

On the other hand i see you got a 154. It is better to get a  high lsat score in december. You can still get into most schools. Even if you apply early with a average LSAT score they will just waitlist you.

The key is to do well on the LSAT. It only takes 1 school to accept you. You do not need a majority.

That assumes that you will do better given time.  I'm not saying that'll happen to bboy, but some people will find it very difficult to improve once they've hit a certain ceiling.  There are plenty of people who retook and hardly increased or even decreased.  In those situations it would have been better for them to have applied earlier. I don't want to be discouraging, but if you're considering because you've hit a plateau, you might want consider that the decrease in value from not applying early might be greater than the gain in score.

Booyakasha2

• Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2006, 12:31:01 PM »
Yes...plateaus suck.  Especially when its because u take one step forward in one section, but take one step back in another negating any gain.  1 Month left....i think i can do it. ;D

bboyspekz

• Yes, that is me in Union Sq, NYC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2006, 03:04:46 PM »
screw that suckas. lolol. If I break 160 and go up against someone who got my 160+ cold on one try, I should still be able to overmatch based on my diversity/personal statements. A lot rides on how you market yourself....I hope  ???

survivor07

• Phoenix is Freelancer is Syd
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2006, 04:06:41 PM »
I think all of you should man up and take the September 30th test, if that was your original test date.  DCgirl, you post on here all the time and personally I think you are ready to take the test.  JUST DO IT! You might be surprised at what happens.  Can I ask why you are postponing the test?  Sure you said you've been shopping and hanging out, but what were you getting on the practice test before your sabbatical?  Were you scoring in the range, slightly below, or well-below your target score?  While I don't recommend postponing if you feel that you are not ready for the test then by all means do what you must.  But just ask yourself, what will happen in December if you are feeling the same way you feel now?  Will you continue postponing until you think you are ready? And seriously, how many of us are really ready to take the LSAT?  But its up to you to weigh your options.  You have to do what's best for you.  Either way, good luck with whatever road you take.  And contrary to what people have said, I think you are serious about law school.  I thinks its all nerves.   ;)

JoeGibbsRedskins

« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2006, 06:29:56 PM »
I think all of you should man up and take the September 30th test, if that was your original test date.  DCgirl, you post on here all the time and personally I think you are ready to take the test.  JUST DO IT! You might be surprised at what happens.  Can I ask why you are postponing the test?  Sure you said you've been shopping and hanging out, but what were you getting on the practice test before your sabbatical?  Were you scoring in the range, slightly below, or well-below your target score?  While I don't recommend postponing if you feel that you are not ready for the test then by all means do what you must.  But just ask yourself, what will happen in December if you are feeling the same way you feel now?  Will you continue postponing until you think you are ready? And seriously, how many of us are really ready to take the LSAT?  But its up to you to weigh your options.  You have to do what's best for you.  Either way, good luck with whatever road you take.  And contrary to what people have said, I think you are serious about law school.  I thinks its all nerves.   ;)

I think this board scares people from taking the LSAT. They see people like Vera telling them to study for 6 months  to a yr. And Vera is a smart person so they think they have to follow her advice.

JoeGibbsRedskins

« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2006, 06:32:36 PM »

I think this board scares people from taking the LSAT. They see people like Vera telling them to study for 6 months  to a yr. And Vera is a smart person so they think they have to follow her advice.

Then why does she go to a T4 in SF?

Cooley is in san fran?

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2006, 10:50:43 PM »
Yeah!! Screw it!! September, here I come:) I've been studying off and on for way too long AND worrying about it for just as long.

Jets

• At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2006, 04:46:57 AM »

Cooley is in san fran?

wait, I mean san diego.

I thought she went to Thomas Jefferson

Going to a school that you perceive to be 'bad' does not make one 'not smart.' You can't form an adequate judgment of a person on the internet based on the school they're going to. There's probably a number of factors that went into her decision to go wherever she's going, and with a 173 on the LSAT, I'm sure she had plenty of other options.

JoeGibbsRedskins

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2006, 06:03:56 AM »

Cooley is in san fran?

wait, I mean san diego.

I thought she went to Thomas Jefferson

Going to a school that you perceive to be 'bad' does not make one 'not smart.' You can't form an adequate judgment of a person on the internet based on the school they're going to. There's probably a number of factors that went into her decision to go wherever she's going, and with a 173 on the LSAT, I'm sure she had plenty of other options.

It just makes her seem strange. Who studied for a hard 6 months and then just decides to say screw it. I am going to a local school.

It makes her seem like a crazy genius.