Law School Discussion

Post Your Interesting News Articles Here

7S

• Self-determination.
    • View Profile
Re: Post Your Interesting News Articles Here
« Reply #1670 on: August 11, 2007, 11:40:37 PM »
I think it would have been wiser for 50 to find someone else to start beef with.  Kanye may not have the same "street cred", but he's like that kid with no home training...liable to say and do anything. 

not true. There's an interview with Kanye on youtube where they ask him about 50 talking junk about him. Kanye just punks out. Seems like he's scared of 50 to me.

ETA: I like Kanye as an artist, but he's arrogant for no reason.

or maybe Kanye's taking the high road. I like Kanye. 50 is looking for a new Ja Rule...too bad 50 is the new Ja Rule.

and 50 cent has reason to be arrogant? Everytime a 50 record plays someone gets alzheimers.

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: August 12, 2007, 08:00:08 AM »
Kanye's arrogance just makes him that much more entertaining.

And I think Kanye did wise not to escalate any beef with 50, especially since it seems like there's pretty much no basis for this.

I think 50 needs to start a beef with someone in order to help him boost sales, but he's afraid of getting shot again so he's staying away from Murder Inc and Ja Rule and choosing someone he knows won't go violent on him.

hollowman988

• I took her home after midnight...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: August 12, 2007, 08:29:48 AM »
I think it would have been wiser for 50 to find someone else to start beef with.  Kanye may not have the same "street cred", but he's like that kid with no home training...liable to say and do anything. 

not true. There's an interview with Kanye on youtube where they ask him about 50 talking junk about him. Kanye just punks out. Seems like he's scared of 50 to me.

Now that's hard to deny.

Seems to me he's arrogant because he's a successful artist and producer, no?

Or because he's partly responsible for nuggets of genius like this?

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: August 12, 2007, 08:33:08 AM »
Or this wonderfully awkward moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUzLpO1kxI

« Reply #1674 on: August 12, 2007, 08:52:56 AM »

this will always be one of the funniest things i've ever seen

GoldenAfro

• Like It's Golden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: August 12, 2007, 09:20:25 AM »

Now that's hard to deny.

You can be a successful artist and producer without being extremely arrogant. I like Kanye West's music, but he's arrogant, and there's really no good reason for it.

One Step Ahead

• you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: August 12, 2007, 09:51:19 AM »

this will always be one of the funniest things i've ever seen

I know, right?  So awkward it is funny.

hollowman988

• I took her home after midnight...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: August 12, 2007, 02:01:27 PM »

Now that's hard to deny.

You can be a successful artist and producer without being extremely arrogant. I like Kanye West's music, but he's arrogant, and there's really no good reason for it.

What would be a good reason for it? I just don't really understand this 'no reason for it' complaint.  Of course nobody HAS to be arrogant, but it's not like we're talking about Gary Coleman being arrogant here.

« Reply #1678 on: August 12, 2007, 02:12:47 PM »
I think it's because the arrogance isn't new.  Kanye wasn't a world-famous superstar when he started to feel himself a tad too much.  His first album was barely out in stores before he became the enfant terrible of the music world.  There's confidence, cockiness, swagger and what have you...and then there's Kanye.

Kirk Lazarus

• I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: August 12, 2007, 02:26:47 PM »
I think it's because the arrogance isn't new.  Kanye wasn't a world-famous superstar when he started to feel himself a tad too much.  His first album was barely out in stores before he became the enfant terrible of the music world.  There's confidence, cockiness, swagger and what have you...and then there's Kanye.

Remember Kanye at the Eurpoean MTV awards going crazy because he didn't win.  Remember the speech where he was talking about his family member surviving, but then losing his train of thought and then proclaiming "I'm still the greatest!" Kanye is foolish.