Law School Discussion

your first concert

Re: your first concert
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2006, 09:05:52 PM »
I have never groupied in the traditional sense...I have thought about doing it though. Hehe.

It'd be fun. Just once. Let me have my fantasies.

FossilJ

• Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2006, 09:07:33 PM »
My first concert was in 1997, Reel Big Fish and Aquabats (it was my ska phase, I was 13.) My friend and I 'moshed' and she passed out in the 'mosh pit.' We were so little and cute.

oh man. my first show was at the troubador (like a 200 person venue) in hollywood. and one of the opening bands managed to garner a pit. i was standing there not paying attention and someone got pushed so hard that they fell into me and i fell back onto my ass. so embarassing.

What kind of music do you listen to?  I've got some local hookups for you.  hahahaha

indie/hardcore (like, boston hardcore --bane, converge), some riot grrl stuff. um, weird foreign indie poppish stuff. i like a lot of things that you would call 'grime' i guess--the streets, lady sovereign.  i also listen to a lot of non-english stuff (french spanish)

er and im a nov 15er.

Hot diggity.  Love Converge. 

Try www.thegardenecstasis.com.  Two pre-released tracks from an album which drops a few weeks from now.  The first track fuses Dillinger influences with a circus-pop streak.  The second is a surging prog track with emocore influences.  Intense and intelligent song-writing.

FossilJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2006, 09:08:15 PM »
it's my day. that is why.

ive never groupied before.  altho when i see cursive/the good life, i really want to talk to mr tim kasher. a friend and i have considered numerous ways by which to keep him in our closets. (facetious, please)

Cursive is f-ing awesome.

anrya

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2006, 09:08:47 PM »
I have never groupied in the traditional sense...I have thought about doing it though. Hehe.

Who would you want to 'aid'?

FossilJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2006, 09:09:36 PM »
Oh, by the way, anyone going to that snic site should click on the big "SNIC" on top, not on myspace or purevolume.

« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2006, 09:11:14 PM »

Who would you want to 'aid'?

When I was a teenager, I would have said Jon Bon Jovi...but now he has like 4 kids. Haha I can't do that.

I don't know now. Preferably someone in a loud rock band....better screaming. Hehe.

some weird girl

• Hobbs I object!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2006, 09:15:30 PM »
No laughs, okay?

New Kids on the Block.  I had a crush on Jordan Knight.

lol that was my first concert without a parent, my friends older brother took us, and I was sooo in love with Jordan I was like 7 I think.

FossilJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2006, 09:17:15 PM »
Sweet.  Make sure you've got good headphones.  hahaha

Never seen Cursive live.  THey haven't been to these backwaters yet.

some weird girl

• Hobbs I object!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2006, 09:28:50 PM »
you must! so good. good life is amazing live too. tim will do this thing where he just starts singing and no music is playing at all. and its just so powerful and beautiful. oh man.

and nkotb! score! i used to listen to tapes with the granddaughter of the woman who lived with my grandfather (um, his semi gf after my gma died??) we would dance around my grandpa's livingroom.

haha my best friend from that age and I used to do that, we could do almost all of the moves from the pay per view concerts

Little D

• WOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2006, 07:19:47 AM »
12 in 97...jesusfuckingchrist

i was 37 and playing in an indie punk band in 97  :D :D :D

yeh, you're like my daddy...or my older brother...nah prolly like my daddy if he had me real young