9 (10%)
8 (8.9%)
1 (1.1%)
1 (1.1%)
0 (0%)
8+
2 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Women - How many babies do you plan on having?

Le Docteur De Peste

• Ashes, ashes, we all fall down.
    • View Profile
Re: Women - How many babies do you plan on having?
« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2007, 10:21:32 AM »
I wish to be the most primal and spread my seed amongst the most hosts I can find. Given your options, 8+ is a mere joke to the amount of women I will turn into mothers.

The gun is good, the penis is evil!

Zam

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2007, 12:03:11 PM »
Yeah, I regret a little that doing it the old fashioned way isn't really an option, but a friend of ours went through several discouraging rounds of treatment to get pregnant then decided to adopt internationally last year.  She ended up with the most adorable, good natured, bright little girl (I want that one! :) ) and she's just so *thrilled* to have her.  There's definitely no weight at all to the argument that it's harder to love an adopted child, especially one who isn't an infant. 

Also... I don't like babies until they hit about 6 months, so it's win-win :P

A friend of mine opted for international adoption because her doctors told her she couldn't conceive/carry a pregnancy to term naturally. She and her hubby adopted two beautiful little boys last summer. The process is really intense and people don't always realize that it takes massive amounts of cash and work to adopt.

Of course, my friend is now around 8 months pregnant, so she went from no kids to on the verge of three very quickly.

« Reply #92 on: July 06, 2007, 12:26:24 PM »
Yeah, I regret a little that doing it the old fashioned way isn't really an option, but a friend of ours went through several discouraging rounds of treatment to get pregnant then decided to adopt internationally last year.  She ended up with the most adorable, good natured, bright little girl (I want that one! :) ) and she's just so *thrilled* to have her.  There's definitely no weight at all to the argument that it's harder to love an adopted child, especially one who isn't an infant. 

A friend of mine opted for international adoption because her doctors told her she couldn't conceive/carry a pregnancy to term naturally. She and her hubby adopted two beautiful little boys last summer. The process is really intense and people don't always realize that it takes massive amounts of cash and work to adopt.

Of course, my friend is now around 8 months pregnant, so she went from no kids to on the verge of three very quickly.

Yeah, it's well into five figures, but relative to the cost of everything else (law school, house, raising the kid after you've got it) it's not that big of a deal for higher-income earners.  If I end up in a lower-paying legal career we'll work out the financials when we come to it.

I just need to make sure I don't gain more than forty pounds or get diagnosed with depression or become a carnie so I don't get barred from adopting.

Zam

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2007, 01:00:20 PM »
You're lucky that it will be a drop in the bucket, for most people coughing up that kind of money in a very short period of time is not easy, even if they are middle or upper-middle class.

« Reply #94 on: July 06, 2007, 02:00:07 PM »

Yeah, it's well into five figures, but relative to the cost of everything else (law school, house, raising the kid after you've got it) it's not that big of a deal for higher-income earners.  If I end up in a lower-paying legal career we'll work out the financials when we come to it.

I just need to make sure I don't gain more than forty pounds or get diagnosed with depression or become a carnie so I don't get barred from adopting.

IVF isn't exactly cheap either, so if the choice is that or adopting internationally at least adopting internationally will have more sure results. With IVF you could end up doing that and still have to adopt if it fails.

Judgie Poo

• Nulli Secundus
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 06, 2007, 03:28:40 PM »
However many I lovingly impregnante them with is the only credited response.

It kind of sucks women have a say in this stuff today.  Bring back marital privlidge so we have at least a little bit of a reason to marry these whores.

Le Docteur De Peste

• Ashes, ashes, we all fall down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2007, 03:31:50 PM »
However many I lovingly impregnante them with is the only credited response.

It kind of sucks women have a say in this stuff today.  Bring back marital privlidge so we have at least a little bit of a reason to marry these whores.

You sound like Stedman. What's Oprah's V feelin' like these days?

(You poor, poor man.)

« Reply #97 on: July 06, 2007, 04:57:22 PM »

IVF isn't exactly cheap either, so if the choice is that or adopting internationally at least adopting internationally will have more sure results. With IVF you could end up doing that and still have to adopt if it fails.

exactly.  i just finished my job with a high rish ob/gyn practice and i can't tell you how many patients i've seen on their 3rd. 4th, or 5th cycle of IVF...and it's expensive as HELL.

personally, i'd like to have 2 adopt one--but from the U.S., and it will be a black child, bc they tend to be the last ones adopted (especially if they are older).

« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2007, 11:03:00 PM »
I'm having NONE. I don't like kids unless I can give them back to their owners when they get cranky and annoying. I'd be a horrible mother and I'm not sorry about that.

You sound like you would be a horrible mother.

And you would be right. At least I realized this before having kids.