9 (10%)
8 (8.9%)
1 (1.1%)
1 (1.1%)
0 (0%)
8+
2 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Women - How many babies do you plan on having?

->Soon

• View Profile
Re: Women - How many babies do you plan on having?
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2006, 05:26:44 PM »
Exactly two kids. My fiance wants three, but I think I would need a huge incentive (read: stay at home dad/on the job childcare facilities) to even consider that. The only time I would probably actually want a third was if the first two were boys. I might try again for a girl. 

so, if 2 girls, u wouldnt try for a boy?

sexist!

and i think dbgirl should have at least 4 more...

;D

just got back from the bookstore where some lady was letting her brat run around, nit yelling, but SCREAMING.

i iwsh he woulda gone and played in traffic...

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2006, 05:31:27 PM »
I think I'd be a good role model for a daughter.  Maybe not so much for a son...

Nemesis

• The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2006, 05:34:18 PM »
I'm going for half a dozen.

revelareveritas

• Something strange is afoot at the Circle K...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2006, 05:56:35 PM »
What would be good for the republic is fewer folks having kids. It would reduce the strain on our resources, and even allow us to accept more immigrants without as much. Though making them "guest workers" would be a terrible idea: cf. France and Germany. But I digress. The country does not need more abused, neglected, impoverished children, except perhaps as fodder for the military. I have a proposal, in fact: to all who desperately want children, and can't bear the thought of not delivering a babe yourself: adopt one child, even if you must have one or multiple of your own. As long as you are willing to adopt a child of color, you will be doing the world, the child, and yourself a service.

Strain on our resources?! Dude, we have enough oil shale in Colorado and Utah ot last us 500 years and the Great Plains aren't even at 25% capacity for food growth.... What a load of Hooey!

Lionel Hutz

• aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2006, 06:37:07 PM »
Thanks Angelina. How was Namibia?

You are sooo welcome. It was sooo tragic.

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2006, 08:09:22 PM »
That's hot.  :-*

maddlibs

• Another round of Goose Halfie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2006, 08:13:10 PM »
Thanks Angelina. How was Namibia?
:D :D :D :D

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2006, 08:23:24 PM »
I'm probably not going to have any. I'll just be too old by the time I get my career started and while I've taught and like kids, I can't see myself having my own. I don't really think that kids/grandkids taking care of parents is as common these days as it used to be, so you can't expect it even if you do have kids. Most households now have two working adult, and it's very difficult for one person to take off work for an extended period of time to care for their parents. Unfortunately, just inviting your parent into your home may not be enough if you can't be there to make sure they don't fall or whatnot.

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2006, 08:32:42 PM »
i can say i don't want any and i wouldn't be a good mother and i want to put my career first.  and i believe all those things.

but at the same time, i also believe that no matter how much you think you hate kids or believe you would be a bad mother, you always love your own.  i can't imagine the feeling, but i'd guess it's great, and it would be a shame to miss out on it.

although i don't know what i'd do if i had stupid kids.  i wouldn't know what to do with them.

Steve.jd

• I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2006, 08:53:42 PM »
What would be good for the republic is fewer folks having kids. It would reduce the strain on our resources, and even allow us to accept more immigrants without as much. Though making them "guest workers" would be a terrible idea: cf. France and Germany. But I digress. The country does not need more abused, neglected, impoverished children, except perhaps as fodder for the military. I have a proposal, in fact: to all who desperately want children, and can't bear the thought of not delivering a babe yourself: adopt one child, even if you must have one or multiple of your own. As long as you are willing to adopt a child of color, you will be doing the world, the child, and yourself a service.

Interesting...

1) Do you advocate only the well-to-do having kids then?
2) Why is adopting a child of color doing "yourself a service?"