9 (10%)
8 (8.9%)
1 (1.1%)
1 (1.1%)
0 (0%)
8+
2 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Women - How many babies do you plan on having?

fuwaf

• View Profile
Re: Women - How many babies do you plan on having?
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 08:53:22 AM »
Zero is the magic number.  I may adopt, but that doesn't count for this poll.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 08:54:29 AM »
because  it has left me in dislike of children. i cringe when i see a child. i want to throw things at crying children. it has killed my patience for them.

i recomend darts or donuts.

PhiMuAmberkins

• A self-tar.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 09:39:56 AM »
I specifically ask to be seated away from children at restaurants, I won't go if there are a lot of them.  I used to work at a movie theater, and would kick people out for not controlling their kids.  And I just generally don't like children until about the age of 4.  Before that, they're boring, like toys that don't do anything but make a mess and smell bad.  And they're needy.  After age 4, they can feed themselves, go to the bathroom by themselves, and have semi-intelligible conversations (at least enough to tell you what they want instead of just crying about it).  And they should have acquired some manners by that point.  Maybe I'll adopt...

But I really want to have one kid, just cause I'm really interested in genealogy and stuff, and I want a child to 'carry on the blood."  And my boyfriend and I would have cute kids...I'll just send them to boarding school til they're 18.  I'll visit often, I'll just let someone else deal with all their problems and needs.

I should never have children.  I forget to feed myself...I'm not good with things that need attention...

SoCo2008

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 09:51:27 AM »
Four kids would be nice. But I would be happy with just one, two or three.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2006, 09:52:55 AM »
to you ladies planning on none, if the govt released a report saying that alack of children is bad for america, would you be willing to have more?

would financial incentives encourage you?

Happy_Weasel

• Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2006, 10:01:12 AM »
How will we continue to have kids? Should be start cloning to supplement growth?

PhiMuAmberkins

• A self-tar.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2006, 10:08:04 AM »
to you ladies planning on none, if the govt released a report saying that alack of children is bad for america, would you be willing to have more?

would financial incentives encourage you?

Nope, that's a little too "Big Brother" for me.  That entire idea just skeeves me out...I don't trust the government anyway, and I read too much.  I'm overeducated I guess.

Happy_Weasel

• Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2006, 10:09:27 AM »
I think 2-3 is about right. We need population stability more than growth or shrinkage.

dbgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2006, 11:29:59 AM »
I'd like to point out that everyone on here was once a child.
Also, for those who don't want children, who will take care of you when you are elderly? I suppose you could hire a helper, but you can also guilt the kids and grandkids  ;)

I'm not saying that everyone should have children. I don't even like children, in general, e.g. I wouldn't work w/children for a living. I just wish people wouldn't be hostile toward children  :(

PhiMuAmberkins

• A self-tar.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2006, 11:50:23 AM »
I'd like to point out that everyone on here was once a child.
Also, for those who don't want children, who will take care of you when you are elderly? I suppose you could hire a helper, but you can also guilt the kids and grandkids  ;)

I'm not saying that everyone should have children. I don't even like children, in general, e.g. I wouldn't work w/children for a living. I just wish people wouldn't be hostile toward children  :(

If I ever get to where I can't take care of myself (basic things, like eating, etc., not things like remembering where my keys are) I don't think I'd want to live. 

And yes, I was a child, but my parents taught me to take care of myself, and to have manners, and to not be a holy terror like the majority of children are today.  I'm a firm believer that children should be seen, not heard, unless they are the Von Trapps.