Law School Discussion

Let the June 06 Post Mortem Begin

Re: Let the June 06 Post Mortem Begin
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2006, 04:33:34 PM »
How about the RC question reagarding the maize. The last questions or second last question was a what would the author agree with question. I forget what letter I put, but the responce I chose was the only one that mentioned human development.

I think I messed up the foriegm/films movies question. I must have missed an inference, because I had no idea on the second question why any one of those films could not have played first.

happened to me too with that game, couldnt get the second so i knew i didn something wrong, did all the others, went back with 10 minutes left, erased everything over for the first one and got them all before the 5 min warning...trying to think what i forgot b/c you probably did too...but i can, i wanna say it was N or R but i cant remember...was there even an R..something like one of those

dusya4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2006, 04:33:46 PM »
and for the beauty vs. art question I put the most beautiful things are the best art, or something like that.

See, I had that, but then thought "who cares if its THE MOST beautiful, all that should matter is beautiful = best" and changed it to C. Either I made a poor choice or I stand alone, correct.  :-\

I chose C too. I was pretty sure about that one. The one about pollen was definitely that people and wind move the pollen. I stumbled on the one about illustrating the principle of efficient workers. Was the right answer about missing the beginning of a meeting to get on the phone with an important client? That's what I picked but I wasn't sure.

I thought games were easy, first LR was a little rough, RC was easy and second LR was pretty easy. I didn't mind the maize passage about photosynthesis but then again I'm a science geek.

Skeptic

• I need Radiohead tickets for show in L.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2006, 04:33:50 PM »
I am very jealous of all you bastards who had an experimental Games section.  Stupid logical reasoning.

Has anyone else seen more people in one place that looked like their puppies had just died?  Only one guy walked out of my test, but i'm sure a lot more wanted to. 

I love beer.  When i got home from the exam, my girlfriend had left a cooler full of guiness on at my front door!! 

One of the people I was testing with, at the 15 minute break, ran out of the room, punched a glass showcase, screamed some really colorful words into the hallway, and then ran outside to smoke.  But she came back to finish the exam, so I guess it was okay.

I saw a middle-aged man crying after the exam.  It was terrible.

omg that's terrible

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2006, 04:34:03 PM »
I'm pretty sure the title question for the African art question was A.

Anyone else impressed that the LSAT managed to combine two of their favorite RC topics (convoluted scientific processes and Native Americans) into one on that last passage?

« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2006, 04:35:37 PM »
and for the beauty vs. art question I put the most beautiful things are the best art, or something like that.

See, I had that, but then thought "who cares if its THE MOST beautiful, all that should matter is beautiful = best" and changed it to C. Either I made a poor choice or I stand alone, correct.  :-\

I chose C too. I was pretty sure about that one. The one about pollen was definitely that people and wind move the pollen. I stumbled on the one about illustrating the principle of efficient workers. Was the right answer about missing the beginning of a meeting to get on the phone with an important client? That's what I picked but I wasn't sure.

I thought games were easy, first LR was a little rough, RC was easy and second LR was pretty easy. I didn't mind the maize passage about photosynthesis but then again I'm a science geek.

thats what i thought for the meeting one

« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2006, 04:36:04 PM »
for the last game about k_ _ l and the h_j or something, anyone remember the first question, it was what could be true

« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2006, 04:36:15 PM »

I think I messed up the foriegm/films movies question. I must have missed an inference, because I had no idea on the second question why any one of those films could not have played first.

Me too, it took me a while to figure that one out and I was rapidly out of time. There was one especially I kept trying to find the right anser to and had to settle for one I knew was wrong because time was called.  :-[ Oh well, the other 3 seemed pretty easy at least.
[/quote

@#!* I just figured it out now lol. I'm an idiot, if N played first that would mean N had to play three times which was impossible as there was only two of each. Funny thing is that I guessed that answer without knowing why. I hope thats the answer anyway...

« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2006, 04:36:44 PM »
I'm pretty sure the title question for the African art question was A.

Anyone else impressed that the LSAT managed to combine two of their favorite RC topics (convoluted scientific processes and Native Americans) into one on that last passage?

Hahaha this is so true.  God, they're amazing.  Did you see my response about the philosopher and the linear thing?  I said the flaw was assuming you couldn't anaylze something in an abstract way that had a structure.  Do you remember that answer?

« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2006, 04:36:50 PM »
For the question about what the fastest J could be, the answer was fifth - I believe the answer choice for that was D.

As for the second foreign film question, the answer was norweigan--there were two italian films playing at 2 and 5, and as such the two norweigan films had already been placed.

yup, that was it. i was amazed i missed the first game the first time, skipped it, went back, got them all and it was still before the 5 min, but yea, N was the ans

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2006, 04:36:53 PM »

Well, for that question you had to find some way to connect "beauty" and being the best painting (that was the missing link in the argument).  There was another answer choice besides A that did that, but it was something like "Only the best art is beautiful", which seemed too restrictive.