Law School Discussion

Poll

How do you like your realtionship with Men?

100-0  He totaly controls my life
2 (2.7%)
90-10
2 (2.7%)
80-20
0 (0%)
70-30
2 (2.7%)
60-40
7 (9.6%)
50-50 - everythings equal
18 (24.7%)
40-60
7 (9.6%)
30-70
5 (6.8%)
20-80
3 (4.1%)
10-90
0 (0%)
0-100 - I control all he does
1 (1.4%)
Im curious and/or male
26 (35.6%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Women and Control

Re: Women and Control
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2006, 08:30:54 AM »
seems skewed towards the women being in charge....

Maybe because of the types of women who are on this board/who apply to law school?

the original dunson

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2006, 08:36:06 AM »

I don't really get why girls are called high maintenance as though relationships should not require some paying attention to the girl.

Some attention, sure.  But I think you know what most men mean when they say high maintenance.  They're not talking about a girl that needs attention, every one does, they're talking about the girl that demands constant, full attention.  That's unreasonable and makes you a friggin' Sally.

I don't see why we shouldn't be a bit obsequious.  We did oppress them for thousands of years.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2006, 08:37:44 AM »

I don't really get why girls are called high maintenance as though relationships should not require some paying attention to the girl.

Some attention, sure.  But I think you know what most men mean when they say high maintenance.  They're not talking about a girl that needs attention, every one does, they're talking about the girl that demands constant, full attention.  That's unreasonable and makes you a friggin' Sally.

I don't see why we shouldn't be a bit obsequious.  We did oppress them for thousands of years.
then whats one more generation matter?

the original dunson

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2006, 08:39:49 AM »

then whats one more generation matter?

That's awful.

veg

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2006, 08:44:04 AM »
(I have a newfound respect for Dunson.)

revelareveritas

• Something strange is afoot at the Circle K...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2006, 08:44:56 AM »
I found "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Women, Sex, and Feminism"
by Carrie Lukas to be an interesting read...

the original dunson

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2006, 08:48:03 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D

Ditto.  Except maybe not so newfound.  Just growing.

;D ;D ;D ;D

the original dunson

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2006, 08:49:21 AM »

I didn't do a darn thing to any woman except for treat her with respect and as an equal, because that's the way my mom and two older sisters taught me to treat them.  But to be subservient to a woman goes against everything that is man.

It's not about being subservient, it's about remembering that despite being equals (in theory at least) the modern woman still should be treated like a lady.  I mean things like getting up to get her the drink, not sending her to do it.  Little things matter.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2006, 08:55:56 AM »
anyone ever actually dated a subserviant chcik?  i havent.  wonder what thats like....

the original dunson

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2006, 08:56:19 AM »
Alright this is why I don't argue.  I suck at it.