Law School Discussion

Poll

How do you like your realtionship with Men?

100-0  He totaly controls my life
2 (2.7%)
90-10
2 (2.7%)
80-20
0 (0%)
70-30
2 (2.7%)
60-40
7 (9.6%)
50-50 - everythings equal
18 (24.7%)
40-60
7 (9.6%)
30-70
5 (6.8%)
20-80
3 (4.1%)
10-90
0 (0%)
0-100 - I control all he does
1 (1.4%)
Im curious and/or male
26 (35.6%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Women and Control

the original dunson

Re: Women and Control
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 07:38:13 AM »

But I get what I want anyway...usually its given to me because I'm nice.

It seems to me like she would eventually lose respect for you.

No way.  You can earn respect through other ways.  You can be strong and respected but be sweet and nice to your girl.

the original dunson

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 07:55:40 AM »

But I get what I want anyway...usually its given to me because I'm nice.

It seems to me like she would eventually lose respect for you.

No way.  You can earn respect through other ways.  You can be strong and respected but be sweet and nice to your girl.

TITCR

;D

Most guys don't see this.  Girls always respect me because I'm powerful and stuff, but I know that a girl is a princess and deserves to be treated gently. 

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 08:12:42 AM »
Why does anyone need to show control to have respect?

If you are in a 50/50 relationship, to me that is the most respect you could give one another, because you are both showing each other respect, caring about what the other one thinks, listening to one another, etc.

I don't think my boyfriend would think I was respecting him by agreeing with him all the time, or not arguing with him when he wants to do something I don't want to, he would just think I was being wimpy. And wimpy was never me.

I also don't think I'd feel respected if he just did every single thing I said, I feel more respected when he can talk to me openly about things.

the original dunson

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 08:13:59 AM »
;D

Most guys don't see this.  Girls always respect me because I'm powerful and stuff, but I know that a girl is a princess and deserves to be treated gently. 

That's kind of demeaning if you ask me.  Any girl that would find being called "a princess that deserves to be treated gently" cute is one I wouldn't be interested in.

And you're so powerful that you get what you want through passive aggressive manipulation?  There's a disconnect there and I'm willing to bet it's because you're a big softy that gets walked all over but thinks he's a powerful man who gets respect.

I was semi joking about the passive agressive manipulation.  I've just been called that by my parents. 

lol

I definitely don't get walked all over. 

Girls that know they're princesses are hawt.

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 08:22:04 AM »
       Today's "modern" man is a real lightweight. Out of fear of being labeled sexist, he's been trained to defer to the woman in his life. Displays of masculinity are frowned down upon. Western men are just panzies. Women in a 60/40 or worse believe they are living the realtionship dream, but deep down no hetero woman respects a wimp, the type of "man" who weeps after having sex and is always asking her, "What do you think, sweetheart?" Men are more accomodating now than ever before and women are dumping them in droves. Over 2/3 off all marriage break-ups are initiated by women.

My advice: Get some balls, boys, and try dating outside your culture/race. It will save you years of grief. Let the western "womyn" date other "womyn."  

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006, 08:22:54 AM »
20/80

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2006, 08:25:13 AM »
You can be "hawt" and high-maintence

the original dunson

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2006, 08:28:08 AM »
       Today's "modern" man is a real lightweight. Out of fear of being labeled sexist, he's been trained to defer to the woman in his life. Displays of masculinity are frowned down upon. Western men are just panzies. Women in a 60/40 or worse believe they are living the realtionship dream, but deep down no hetero woman respects a wimp, the type of "man" who weeps after having sex and is always asking her, "What do you think, sweetheart?" Men are more accomodating now than ever before and women are dumping them in droves. Over 2/3 off all marriage break-ups are initiated by women.

My advice: Get some balls, boys, and try dating outside your culture/race. It will save you years of grief. Let the western "womyn" date other "womyn." 

Definitely a great first post. 

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2006, 08:28:36 AM »
seems skewed towards the women being in charge....

the original dunson

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2006, 08:28:52 AM »

Girls that know they're princesses are hawt.

Replace 'hawt' with 'high-maintenance' and you've got it.

I don't really get why girls are called high maintenance as though relationships should not require some paying attention to the girl.