Law School Discussion

how many people per PS class?

lexie0502

how many people per PS class?
« on: August 10, 2004, 06:48:53 AM »
I know this has been mentioned in a lot of previous threads but i cant seem to find the right thread right now... how many people are in a PS class?  I have like 25 people and for some reason I was under the presumption it was only supposed to be around 8.  Am I the one that's mistaken b/c 25 is a lot of people.  :-\ ???

Matthew_24_24

Re: how many people per PS class?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 07:28:38 AM »
Like, OMG, like, 25 people?

Matt

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 07:40:53 AM »
Hey lexie0502,

I was also under the impression that it would be around 8-12 students, but my class is more around 20.  Compared to 8, 25 people is quite a difference.  Still, you could be in a lecture style class that had 40 people in it, so I guess it could be worse, right? 

As most of my classes are around 20-25 people, I'm used to this kind of learning environment.  However, I've also had smaller (6 people) and larger (100 people) classes.  That being said, I honestly don't think there's too much a difference between a class with 6 or a class with 30 or even, to an extent one with 50 or 60 if you don't make it be a difference.  In other words, if you sit in the front, raise your hand, participate, ask questions, talk to your instructor before/after class, you'll get the same out of a large class that you would get out of a small class.  It just might be a bit more of an effort.

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 11:10:00 AM »
On the first day, there were 14 ppl in my class.  Then on the 2nd day, there were only 10 ppl left. 

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 11:32:29 PM »
I noticed the same thing.  I'm repeating the PS class.  Last session we had 13 people and this time we have 21.  I am not a happy puppy about this since the class meets in a conference center that used to be some guys hunting lodge and country home.  The rooms are tiny and with so many people they are uncomfortable.  I guess the word of mouth advertising is making PS more and more known.

Rachel

Victor

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 01:29:21 AM »
I noticed the same thing.  I'm repeating the PS class.  Last session we had 13 people and this time we have 21.  I am not a happy puppy about this since the class meets in a conference center that used to be some guys hunting lodge and country home.  The rooms are tiny and with so many people they are uncomfortable.  I guess the word of mouth advertising is making PS more and more known.

Rachel

How much does it cost to retake the course? In my PS course theres a lot of people that are on their 2nd try.

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 02:39:00 AM »
i was told i could take the weekend for free, if i kept my old materials.  if i wanted new materials i'd have to pay 75 bucks.  i imagine its somewhat the same for full length courses.

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 06:09:31 AM »
In their materials, it says you can retake the full length course for $275 and they'll give you new books too.  There is no limit to the number of times that you decide to retake their course...but I guess if it doesn't work on the 2nd try, who would bother taking it the 3rd time with them.