Law School Discussion

Life sucks...

Steve.jd

• I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
Re: Life sucks...
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 12:57:58 PM »
I just got a 95% merit scholarship from Harvard, the first merit scholarship ever. 

they only gave you that because i turned it down.  how does it feel to be offered sloppy seconds?

And you aren't even in at Yale, I truly am worthless

KILL SELF

XOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOX OXOXOOXOHTH

shae

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 01:03:04 PM »
 :D

orky13

• Legally Blonde
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 01:03:50 PM »
This post seriously made my day. I want to thank you all.

And I am in a similar situation, and I had decided to attend Harvard because they sprang for a little 3 bedroom condo so I'll have plenty of room to study. It's the little things. But I just realized that I'll have to walk up the stairs so I'm thinking Stanford now because they did offer a Vespa.

Steve.jd

• I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 01:05:56 PM »
This post seriously made my day. I want to thank you all.

And I am in a similar situation, and I had decided to attend Harvard because they sprang for a little 3 bedroom condo so I'll have plenty of room to study. It's the little things. But I just realized that I'll have to walk up the stairs so I'm thinking Stanford now because they did offer a Vespa.

3 bedrooms?  You got jipped.. they are offering me the president's mansion while I am there.

trogdor

• the BURNINATOR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 01:06:52 PM »

those bitches... i even asked them about the 3 bedroom so that i would have a room to store all my trophies and awards.  they told me two was the max... good thing i turned them down!

orky13

• Legally Blonde
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 01:30:18 PM »
3 bedrooms?  You got jipped.. they are offering me the president's mansion while I am there.

Yeah, but is the president sharing it with you? Cause if so, ew!

I, on the other hand, drove a hard bargain and got a cabana boy with the condo. I mean, it's only reasonable. I haven't told my boyfriend yet about that part...

WHY ME!

aquafinaisbetter

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 02:01:01 PM »
why does life have to be so hard on us.  i mean, we didn't ask for this!!!!  i cant bear it. 

trogdor

• the BURNINATOR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 02:03:19 PM »
why does life have to be so hard on us.  i mean, we didn't ask for this!!!!  i cant bear it. 

no joke... maybe i'll just take my trust fund and buy my own private island. 

aquafinaisbetter

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2006, 02:04:37 PM »

no joke... maybe i'll just take my trust fund and buy my own private island. 

or maybe one of the law schools will buy it for you just so that you won't go to their rival....its the least they can do after putting you in this position

aerynn

• Wait, what?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2006, 02:10:59 PM »
You mean they are making you dip into the trust fund to have an island?  Yale offered to fly their professors to my island for a distance learning thing, but then Harvard said they would go ahead and airlift my whole section, so I can have a study group.

Which do I pick?  The choices are making me just sick!  The house staff can barely stand to hear me cry myself to sleep at night.  I had to give the maid a raise just so she wouldn't quit.  Why can't that be included in the fee waiver?   :'(