Law School Discussion

By any bible you want...it won't make up for the innate stupidity of most of you

Skittles,

As a Canadian, I can't help but directly refute your criteria for the "lofty complex" that permeates throughout our great, frozen country.

1) Americans are stupider than Canadians.  I mean, we voted in Jean Chretien for ~12 years, but consider this... the Americans voted in Bush over Gore in 2000.
1) a)  A quick quiz for the average American: who is Jean Chretien?  (Answer: was the Prime Minister of Canada for a really long time).

2) What is your definition of a "real country"?  One that has membership in the UN?  A sovereign nation?  One that doesn't defy the rule of American soldiers/politics/economics? One that goes to war with other nations over false intelligence created to gain the support of Congress? Take your pick.

3) America is better than the US.  Especially if you want to avoid social responsibility.  And if you enjoy the activity of war mongering.  And if you like to stockpile nuclear weapons with materials you need to import from Canada, such as Uranium.  And if you revere celebrities in your country, to the point that you elect them as key politicians (Reagan, Schwarzenegger, etc.)

4) Heh, I have to agree with you on this one.  Only the stupid Canadians really believe that the US would help defend our borders if Canada came under attack.  It's true, we need to spend more on a military.

5) Not very well versed in the dramatic effects of regionalism in the political dynamics of our great country, are you, Skittles?

Sorry, that was really sarcastic.  And I probably mispelled a lot of different words.  It's only because I'm drunk on good, Canadian beer.  TFB!!!

Sorry my friend, but it looks like you have the beginning signs of the Loft Complex.   Notice how you didn't say "hey, I don't do that."  You just gave examples of what I'm talking about.  LOL! One thing you can do is try to understand that while Canada may be a great place to live, it is the Dartmouth of countries (high quality of life, but nothing exciting.)  I know it's hard because all your best and brightest are all too happy to cross the border to be with their American friends... and that makes you jealous.  But the sooner you accept the fact that in your heart of hearts you too would rather be in the US, the less of a fool you'll make of yourself.

By the way... MOST americans DID vote for Gore (he got the popular vote... it's just the stupid electorial system and corruption in Florida that gave Bush the presidency.)

Matthew_24_24

I'm not postponing.  I want to see my score.  I'm going to re-write in December for kicks.

And don't hate the spelling, I was seriously intoxicated when I wrote that.  Given the typical AMERICAN metabolism for alcohol most of you wouldn't be talking, let alone typing, after that type of night.

Muhahahaha,

Matt

Sorry, that was really sarcastic. 

This is another minor symptom of the loft complex... apologizing for putting down the US as if you've actually hurt the feelings of an American.  You don't get it.  We're just too arrogant to be insulted by Canadians.  ;)  If anything, we'll just smile and think "poor Canadians... let them think what they want, the truth hurts too much."

Matthew_24_24

Ya, Canadians are too apologetic.

I'd make a good American redneck.

Go Bush!

Matt

That's OK.  We're going to annex Canada and turn it into a swamp anyway, so that Bush can fulfill his promise of three million more new wetlands. 

lexylit

Sorry my friend, but it looks like you have the beginning signs of the Loft Complex.   Notice how you didn't say "hey, I don't do that."  You just gave examples of what I'm talking about.  LOL! One thing you can do is try to understand that while Canada may be a great place to live, it is the Dartmouth of countries (high quality of life, but nothing exciting.) 

omg, she's dartmouth-bashing?  :o

i love canada and i love dartmouth, and i will fight you.

skittles are the nastiest candy ever. HTH  >:(

Sorry my friend, but it looks like you have the beginning signs of the Loft Complex.   Notice how you didn't say "hey, I don't do that."  You just gave examples of what I'm talking about.  LOL! One thing you can do is try to understand that while Canada may be a great place to live, it is the Dartmouth of countries (high quality of life, but nothing exciting.) 

Whoa there... I never said I didn't like Dartmouth or Canada.  In fact, my husband went to Dartmouth and is a citizen of Canada.  In fact, he's the one who first made the annology!  Dartmouth is a great school and Canada is a great country.  There's no questioning that.  However!  We all know that the smarter students go to Harvard, MIT, Yale, etc...  Even though those schools don't have as great a quality of life.  Same goes with Canada.  America is the place to be if you're smart and ambitious.  It's where things happen, where discoveries are made, were dreams are born!  But Canada still has a better quality of life.  No one ever says "I want to go to Canada and live the Candian dream!"  No... they say "I want to retire in Canada" or more often "I want to go to Canada so I can get eventually go to the US."

lexylit

oh, got it. so happiness/quality of life is less important than...

i guess i think quality of life is the most important  :D

Whoa there... I never said I didn't like Dartmouth or Canada.  In fact, my husband went to Dartmouth and is a citizen of Canada.  In fact, he's the one who first made the annology!  Dartmouth is a great school and Canada is a great country.  There's no questioning that.  However!  We all know that the smarter students go to Harvard, MIT, Yale, etc...  Even though those schools don't have as great a quality of life.  Same goes with Canada.  America is the place to be if you're smart and ambitious.  It's where things happen, where discoveries are made, were dreams are born!  But Canada still has a better quality of life.  No one ever says "I want to go to Canada and live the Candian dream!"  No... they say "I want to retire in Canada" or more often "I want to go to Canada so I can get eventually go to the US."

skittles, i honestly think that you are the one with an inferiority complex...
I've read couple of your threads and I really think you should stop talking seriously
don't waste your time putting down others.. I really think you are no better

skittles, i honestly think that you are the one with an inferiority complex...
I've read couple of your threads and I really think you should stop talking seriously
don't waste your time putting down others.. I really think you are no better

I have never put down anyone on this board... except the Canadians, which is so obviously a joke. 

Oh, yeah... I put down Bush a lot too.  So sure, I think I'm better than Bush, but that's not saying much really...