Law School Discussion

ZACHARIAS MOUSSAOUI WILL BURN!!!!!

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
Re: ZACHARIAS MOUSSAOUI WILL BURN!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2006, 06:51:52 PM »
retribution was good enough for mcveigh...
retribution would have been good enough for moussaoui...he had information and let the "murdering" mission continue...conspiracy.  he was involved in plotting mass murder...mass murder which took place...

those who have argued that retribution in not justified are seriously "sheeplike" dodo birds...

the jury fuched this one up...period...

three people had no backbone...

hope they see america's "first wave of defense" in the new 911 film...
and realize how flimsy they were with their choice to spare this cauliflower's life.

« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2006, 07:04:01 PM »
retribution would have been good enough for moussaoui...

and realize how flimsy they were with their choice to spare this cauliflower's life.

Do you really believe that those three people made the decision they did because they had no backbone? After watching this man's perverse rants praising bin laden and condemning the US and the civilians that died on 9/11 day in and day out those three people were able to make the decision not to send him to his death for whatever reasons they thought justified that decision, and you think it was because of a lack of backbone? Grow up.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2006, 07:05:15 PM »

Do you really believe that those three people made the decision they did because they had no backbone? After watching this man's perverse rants praising bin laden and condemning the US and the civilians that died on 9/11 day in and day out those three people were able to make the decision not to send him to his death for whatever reasons they thought justified that decision, and you think it was because of a lack of backbone? Grow up.

yes...

now...you wrote: grow up...that is meaningless.

they DO lack backbone...no question about it.

we are talking about MASS MURDER...no question in my mind...he should have been sentenced to death...

« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2006, 07:15:46 PM »

yes...

now...you wrote: grow up...that is meaningless.

they DO lack backbone...no question about it.

we are talking about MASS MURDER...no question in my mind...he should have been sentenced to death...

You said "they DO lack backbone...no question about it"

That is meaningless.

We are talking about mass murder that occurred while the man was in US custody and therefore mass murder that he did not actually commit, witness, or allow to occur when he could have prevented it.

Regardless of this fact, I still do not see how making the decision to send somebody to life in solitary confinement instead of death is a reflection of lacking backbone.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2006, 07:20:43 PM »
it takes backbone to call for retribution...
sending someone to jail does not call for a decision of life or death...

the three went with their own weakness and/or moral agenda...no backbone.

if you are a moral person...you understand the toughness of the decision to call for a murder conspirator's death...and not just locking him up for the next 40 yrs.

he conspired to commit mass murder...mass murder was actioned...he did nothing to prevent it...he would have carried out his mission...

many people's lives were taken...his should be taken as well.

timothy mcveigh was retribution for conspiring re: mass murder as well.

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2006, 09:44:37 PM »

if you are a moral person...you understand the toughness of the decision to call for a murder conspirator's death...and not just locking him up for the next 40 yrs.

he conspired to commit mass murder...mass murder was actioned...he did nothing to prevent it...he would have carried out his mission...

You are a moron

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2006, 09:46:59 PM »
aye see you too have difficulty with tough decisions.

namecalling? good refute.
next.

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2006, 10:08:47 PM »

Okay fine I'll humor you. You say that the 3 jurors acted the way they did because of 1) their weakness or 2) their moral agenda. Please explain to me how their decision is a reflection of weakness. If it was not weakness, then explain how it was a part of their "moral agenda." Also, I would like you to explain how a person can have a moral agenda without being a moral person, as you imply.

You keep using the word 'retribution' as if it has some meaning beyond punishment or revenge. If you feel this way, then explain why you feel this way. You also imply that life in prison is somehow a bullsh*t punishment. If that is the case, then please explain why.

I cannot argue with you effectively if you are not able to give an explanation for any of your statements. Its not hard to accuse people of having no backbone, or of being morons for that matter. However, it is hard to back up blanket statements like that with thoughtful analysis.

Now, I need to pass out because I have to move halfway across the country tomorrow and have had too much to drink tonight as it is, so don't wait up all night for my response. Take some time and come up with something interesting to say. If you can formulate a coherent statement of your position by tomorrow morning that consists of more than just empty rhetoric than I will address it. Have a good night.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2006, 11:39:54 PM »
decision to commit someone to incarceration for the rest of life and taking their life weigh differently.

one action has more gravity...deciding to execute.

three decided against the more difficult choice...fine...aye respect their decision...it is just the weaker choice.

he marked himself as guilty...the jury magnified the mark by finding him guilty...three of the jury could not back up the guilty mark with appropriate retribution for the act with which moussaoui involved himself...

aye am utterly disappointed with the three jurors decision...sorry.

retribution:
from latin retribti...retribtin-...from retribtus...past participle of retribuere...to pay back : re-...re- + tribuere...to grant; see tribe...

{interesting to note that the word tribe might be derived from a form of three.}

« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2006, 06:35:41 AM »
The decision to commit someone to incarceration may not carry as much gravity as the decision to take their life, but it is only a relative difference and the fact that one may carry less gravity does not necessarily mean that it is the weaker choice in every situation anyway. For example, if the person whose fate is being decided had killed family members of the person charged with making the decision I think it would take a lot more strength of character to stand up for ones own convictions and sense of morality and not sink down to their level.

That is just one example, but the fact of the matter is you cannot judge a person's actions without knowing why they chose those actions. Perhaps the juror's religion prohibited them from taking a life. Perhaps they realized that the evidence showing a causal connection between Moussaoui's ommission and the murders he pled guilty to was extremely attenuated and were concerned that enforcing the death penalty in such a situation would set a dangerous precedent. Perhaps they proceeded with one of those beliefs or convictions even though in their hearts they wanted nothing more than to see this man die and were completely disgusted with the fact that he would live because of their actions and they will never stop thinking about whether or not they made the right decision. Perhaps they even knew somebody that died in those attacks. Maybe they grew up in New York or DC.

Sometimes it takes a stronger man to walk away.

...and I have to tell you that using the word 'retribution' in place of 'revenge' is not hiding your true intentions very well. Retribution is not concerned with your personal feelings, but clearly you have invested a lot into this debate on a personal level. Otherwise you would not resort to describing your own feelings so often making sure to let us know how disappointed you are.

Notice that I'm not even arguing that retribution would not be justified, I'm just saying that retribution is not what you seek.