Law School Discussion

For the older students...

Law-Man

• In case LS doesn't work out... thank you "Duck"
    • View Profile
Re: For the older students...
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2006, 12:04:46 PM »

Man, we'll be hanging with each other, kicking the snot outta the youngins come exam time.   ;)

I hope so.

Law-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2006, 12:07:11 PM »
See, I don't mean to come across as sarcastic, but I think there's gotta be some gray area between superiority and beer pong.  I mean, I wasn't into beer pong when I was 21.  And my ass is obstruction-free (or was the last time I checked, anyway.)

I am pretty sure my ass is clear also, and I don't even know what beer pong is.

LitDoc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2006, 12:08:11 PM »
I don't drink. No beer pong for me.

Basketball? Frisbee golf? Twister?

HippieLawChick

• Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2006, 12:09:52 PM »
I won't be left out of study groups...I am going to seek out people who are non-trads the first day of class and get to know them for exactly this reason.

LitDoc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2006, 12:25:26 PM »
I won't be left out of study groups...I am going to seek out people who are non-trads the first day of class and get to know them for exactly this reason.

Me too, though I won't necessarily try to focus on nontrads. People who seem smart, who I think I can study well with, regardless of age. But I'll definitely be proactive about it, because I know I won't automatically be in on these things if I don't go out of my way...

Law-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2006, 12:37:44 PM »
I set up a poll asking the reason we all are heading to Law School.
I though it would be intersting to find out why we are all crazy.
Please vote, Thanks

aerynn

• Wait, what?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2006, 01:02:40 PM »
For me, this is a big plus with W&M.  The crowd looking for bars and free beer Thursdays are going to GW.  (They do have "thirsty thursday" there, as well as Bar Review -- where they get together to go out to get drunk).  I wasn't into that stuff as a 22 year old and I am pretty sure I will get along fine with the 22 year olds that aren't upset by the lack of a bar scene at W&M.  And if not, well, there is room for them at the bottom of the curve, right?  :D

phooey

« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2006, 06:06:52 PM »
Okay, I have no idea what beer pong is.

Don't worry about being left out of study groups.  If you know what you're doing (unless you're a total jerk or a sociopath) no one will deny you, or your stick, a spot.
I was an old undergrad too, and I was a study group VIP. 

Erapitt

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2006, 07:50:16 PM »
For me, this is a big plus with W&M.  The crowd looking for bars and free beer Thursdays are going to GW.  (They do have "thirsty thursday" there, as well as Bar Review -- where they get together to go out to get drunk).  I wasn't into that stuff as a 22 year old and I am pretty sure I will get along fine with the 22 year olds that aren't upset by the lack of a bar scene at W&M.  And if not, well, there is room for them at the bottom of the curve, right?  :D

To assume that GW students are looking for bars and free beer is absurd.  I assure you, the select few students looking to party at GW will be at W & M.  Its not like GW students are all going out and getting drunk.  Knowing people at the law school, thirsty thursdays is more of a "lets have one beer and relax between study hours" type of thing.  I hardly drink, and I doubt many serious law students do either.

« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2006, 05:44:43 AM »
To assume that GW students are looking for bars and free beer is absurd.  I assure you, the select few students looking to party at GW will be at W & M.  Its not like GW students are all going out and getting drunk.  Knowing people at the law school, thirsty thursdays is more of a "lets have one beer and relax between study hours" type of thing.  I hardly drink, and I doubt many serious law students do either.

Ok...now please remove the stick from your ass and give it back to HippieLawChick.  ;D