Law School Discussion

curly

• I'm sexy
    • View Profile
Re: Name a thread you hate. Explain.
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2006, 10:50:14 PM »
Bluewarrior's thread. Although, it is entertaining.

Also, the complete thread over on the on-topic side. I never check it anymore, but it still keeps popping up, every day.

By the way, I know this is really no0b of me (sorry Tra, sorry), but what the heck is GAK?

PM if you don't want to give it away to the lurkers--I know we want to preserve our dork--*cough, cough*--I mean, coolness.

it is not my thread...ha ha...it is buster/julie fern's thread...

You started it. That technically makes it your thread.

jg983

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2006, 10:53:16 PM »
Yes. Oh, I hate myself for participating, but I really (try to) do it out of appreciation for posters who I respect and admire. I'd never start one of those threads, mostly because I would feel really awkward about picking who gets to be involved.

the crush thread, at least, does not tabulate totals and so it's not quite as much of a junior high popularity contest.  also, i hope you don't put my "whose compliments mean the most" thread in this category.  that was a genuine effort on my part to try to get people to think about certain things.

No, I understand and appreciate that thread, for the same reasons I hate the threads I named.  ;)

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2006, 10:57:52 PM »
Bluewarrior's thread. Although, it is entertaining.

Also, the complete thread over on the on-topic side. I never check it anymore, but it still keeps popping up, every day.

By the way, I know this is really no0b of me (sorry Tra, sorry), but what the heck is GAK?

PM if you don't want to give it away to the lurkers--I know we want to preserve our dork--*cough, cough*--I mean, coolness.

it is not my thread...ha ha...it is buster/julie fern's thread...

You started it. That technically makes it your thread.

what is the (object)?
that is part of the technical mechanism.

curly

• I'm sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2006, 10:59:13 PM »
Well, the reason I hate it is because of your comments, so I thought it would make more sense to call it YOUR thread.

FossilJ

• Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2006, 11:37:56 PM »
Yes. Oh, I hate myself for participating, but I really (try to) do it out of appreciation for posters who I respect and admire. I'd never start one of those threads, mostly because I would feel really awkward about picking who gets to be involved.

I do it to get people to stroke my fat ego.  Then I get the @#!* out of there before things get ridiculous.

asdf1234

• first person to guess the correct city WINS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2006, 11:53:16 PM »

the "in at yale thread", obviously, cus I have nothing to post in it.

:P

SCgrad

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2006, 01:03:06 AM »
This thread

SCgrad

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2006, 01:11:37 AM »
Oh, I forgot to explain.  If you don't like a thread, don't click on it.  If you think you are so f-ing important that threads you don't like should be banished into purgitory, go @#!* yourself. 

Also, the OPC was mentioned.  The best thing about the OPC for me is it is a single thread that people post in while I am on LSD.  It is not *sorority* or SORORITY or "sorority."  If people posted in the Lair for example, when others woke up and logged on, they would have 15 or 20 pages to skim through to find who is actually still there.  If you are here in the middle of the night and want to ask a question and get a quick response, the OPC is perfect.  While J and others might talk about rules, they are just f-ing around and if you read the whole thread (I think I have) you would no that.  Last I heard, nobody can stop you from posting wherever the @#!* you want.  I am the last person to get into that GAKing (proved by my lack of votes in any of those threads) and I started that thread. (not that I care about GAKers, what's there to care about?)

FossilJ

• Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2006, 01:14:21 AM »
That was pure GAK.

::)

SCgrad

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2006, 01:20:50 AM »
GAK = Gratuitous Act of Kindness