Law School Discussion

Anyone else wanting to lose a few pounds?

Re: Anyone else wanting to lose a few pounds?
« Reply #1290 on: July 06, 2007, 11:54:45 AM »
 I recently found a great pilates class and I've been going twice a week for three weeks and I've already noticed a great improvement.

I'd been doing a ton of cardio and it wasn't doing a daaamn thing.The elliptical is the most depressing thing in the world. I seriously stare at every second that goes by and every calorie I burn. I guess running gets you in good shape, but it effs up the bones in my legs. I hate dieting too, it's so boring.

This would be easier if other people weren't trying to get hot in law school, then I could look better in comparison. I think I'm going to start sabotaging everyone's diet. EAT. CHEESE. NOW!

Kittyl30

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1291 on: July 08, 2007, 01:31:47 AM »
i officially hate dieting

that is all

im going to be one of those people that will ALWAYS their whole lives have to watch what they eat.  i was a fat kid. now i watch what i eat constantly just to maintain my weight. it blows

i hope everyone with fast metabolisms that are naturally skinny all get reallyf at when they reach middle age :)

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: July 08, 2007, 03:47:45 AM »
Be more active, then you can be more relaxed with dieting too. Worked for me at least, I was a fat kid too.

Jolie Was Here

• 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: July 08, 2007, 06:47:09 AM »
Be more active, then you can be more relaxed with dieting too. Worked for me at least, I was a fat kid too.

Doesn't always work, tho.  I've run three marathons, I walk and bike everywhere, and I still have to watch what I eat very very carefully. 

« Reply #1294 on: July 08, 2007, 07:12:15 AM »

Doesn't always work, tho. I've run three marathons, I walk and bike everywhere, and I still have to watch what I eat very very carefully.

All during law school? :D

Kittyl30

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1295 on: July 08, 2007, 07:44:02 AM »
im actuially pretty active.  currently, i dont have a gym membership for the summer but i walk 3 hours every day and use free weights.  im not fat at all right now (esp since i lost weight during IL) but its b/c i watch what i eat extremely carefully. 

in law school i didnt excercise very much cuz of time and once i started again i did lose more weight, so theres definitly truth to whatyou said.. regarless i wil still have to always watch what i eat.  mostly b/c i love food and have very little will power though. 

TwinkyBean

• It's Yellow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: July 08, 2007, 07:47:51 AM »
I'm so jealous of you people who actually have the motivation to get up and workout. I'm thin, and don't need to lose weight, but I'd really like to get back into shape and toned up. --It's just the healthy thing to do!  I *feel* like a fat ass for just not getting up and doing something!! ... I need motivation, because I don't have the fat thing there to do it for me!! :(   

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: July 08, 2007, 07:48:56 AM »

Doesn't always work, tho.  I've run three marathons, I walk and bike everywhere, and I still have to watch what I eat very very carefully. 

That sucks :) Could be a female thing too, at least it seems to me guys have an easier time keeping their weight. Not that I actually know anything about it.

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: July 08, 2007, 10:21:48 AM »
I'm so jealous of you people who actually have the motivation to get up and workout. I'm thin, and don't need to lose weight, but I'd really like to get back into shape and toned up. --It's just the healthy thing to do!  I *feel* like a fat ass for just not getting up and doing something!! ... I need motivation, because I don't have the fat thing there to do it for me!! :(   

Go to the gym. 

Consider this your motivation. 

TwinkyBean

• It's Yellow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: July 08, 2007, 07:08:36 PM »

Go to the gym. 

Consider this your motivation. 

Thanks Hank.. I think I will. :)