Poll

What do you think of my name?

I like it. It's unique!
15 (78.9%)
It's average, I guess
2 (10.5%)
Eh... I don't care for it
1 (5.3%)
HAHAHA! Your name is Do It? Sucks to be you!
1 (5.3%)
HAHAHA! Your name is Duet? Sucks to be you!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Getting a name change

ttiwed

Getting a name change
« on: July 16, 2004, 02:13:33 PM »
well folks, what you see to the left is my real name. in case you guys ever wondered what ttiwed meant, there's your answer.

anyways, i am seriously considering getting a name change. ever since i was in kindergarten, i've hated my name. itís so annoying how every time i meet someone new and tell them my name, they go, "what? how do you say that? are you french?" oh and having my nickname be DO IT and DUET throughout high school wasn't exactly a picnic either. when i go to restaurants and the host asks to take down my name for the wait, i just tell them "john," cause i'm too lazy to spell it out.

since i'm going to law school next year, most likely out of state, i will be starting a new life. therefore, i was thinking that maybe this is a good time to have my name legally changed. it won't be a drastic change like "eugene" or anything. i don't want my friends and fam to be weirded out and feel like i'm a totally different person with a radically different name.

i don't think iím forfeiting my identity by changing my name though. the way i see it, a name change is like getting a boob job. just a minor alteration. Itís not like i'm going under the knife for a "the swan" style makeover.

i was thinking maybe dwight or another D name. what do you guys think? and what are some ramifications for getting a name legally changed? i would imagine it would be quite a hassle.

rwhitman

Re: Getting a name change
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 02:17:30 PM »
well folks, what you see to the left is my real name. in case you guys ever wondered what ttiwed meant, there's your answer.

anyways, i am seriously considering getting a name change. ever since i was in kindergarten, i've hated my name. itís so annoying how every time i meet someone new and tell them my name, they go, "what? how do you say that? are you french?" oh and having my nickname be DO IT and DUET throughout high school wasn't exactly a picnic either. when i go to restaurants and the host asks to take down my name for the wait, i just tell them "john," cause i'm too lazy to spell it out.

since i'm going to law school next year, most likely out of state, i will be starting a new life. therefore, i was thinking that maybe this is a good time to have my name legally changed. it won't be a drastic change like "eugene" or anything. i don't want my friends and fam to be weirded out and feel like i'm a totally different person with a radically different name.

i don't think iím forfeiting my identity by changing my name though. the way i see it, a name change is like getting a boob job. just a minor alteration. Itís not like i'm going under the knife for a "the swan" style makeover.

i was thinking maybe dwight or another D name. what do you guys think? and what are some ramifications for getting a name legally changed? i would imagine it would be quite a hassle.

I boob job is false advertising. I completely disagree with anything of that nature!

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 02:21:45 PM »
I voted for keeping your name.  It's unique, and I think it'll be cool to be a lawyer named Dewitt.  I don't know why, but it would be.  :)

It does seem like a pain in the ass to change your name, but only at the beginning.  You have to notify banks, social security, credit cards, utilities, school/loans, etc.  Then every time you fill out a form or application, you have to fill out the part about other names you've had... 

Just say John when you go to restaurants and stuff.

lexylit

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2004, 02:24:46 PM »
don't change it legally, just get a nickname

rwhitman

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 02:40:27 PM »

How about dewittintheass? At least then people won't make fun of you for the duet thing  :D

lexylit

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2004, 02:47:11 PM »
i like just "dewey"  :P

Anti_Ivy

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2004, 02:51:31 PM »
i like just "dewey"  :P

I like "ITT."† † :o

ttiwed

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2004, 03:26:23 PM »

How about dewittintheass? At least then people won't make fun of you for the duet thing  :D

see, that doesn't help at all. when i go to restaurants, the host will still ask me how to spell that.

i like just "dewey"† :P

some girls have already dubbed that nickname upon me. i hate it. what is your real name lexy?

i like just "dewey"† :P

I like "ITT."    :o

how about ittdew instead? i don't like one syllabal names.

I boob job is false advertising. I completely disagree with anything of that nature!

well if false advertising makes me lame, then just call me bob sagat.

I voted for keeping your name.  It's unique, and I think it'll be cool to be a lawyer named Dewitt.  I don't know why, but it would be.  :)

It does seem like a pain in the ass to change your name, but only at the beginning.  You have to notify banks, social security, credit cards, utilities, school/loans, etc.  Then every time you fill out a form or application, you have to fill out the part about other names you've had... 

Just say John when you go to restaurants and stuff.

thanks for the support. but dewitt esquire doesn't really flow all that well. sounds like a name for a sexual position.

actually, its pronounced more like De Witt.

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2004, 04:07:56 PM »
"well if false advertising makes me lame, then just call me bob sagat."

With witty remarks like that, you really shouldn't change your name from deWITt.  It's just so appropriate...

Dewitt is your first name, right?  So it wouldn't be "Dewitt, Esquire."  You'd still have a last name.  Unless this is a Cher thing...  Do you have a middle name?  Maybe you could go by that, like F. Lee Bailey.  That's a pretty dated example; let me think of another.  L. Ron Hubbard?  J. Crew?  Ha ha.

guyutegirl (Jew-Lo)

• Donkey punch: It's not just for breakfast anymore
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2004, 04:14:07 PM »

I think Dewitt is a great name! It makes u sound likse such a little tough guy ( ???) if ur gonna change ur name, change it to skimendrick, or lotharg or thor or something cool like that. So does this mean ur last name is omorpmm??