Law School Discussion

X-Posted: Should I retake in Feb just for GULC?

X-Posted: Should I retake in Feb just for GULC?
« on: December 23, 2005, 12:41:55 PM »
ok so i need advice.

oct: 164 (misbubbled, it should have been higher.)
dec: 167 (would have been a 169 using the oct scale...)

i'm going to go ahead and app to schools now. bc those scores are good enough for a lot of the schools i want.

BUT my dream school is GULC. and those scores aren't good enough when combined with a 3.5gpa. should i retake in feb just so i can app to GULC? or should i not even bother and just app now to gulc and see what happens?

Re: X-Posted: Should I retake in Feb just for GULC?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 01:32:40 PM »
If you're really really set on going to GULC, your best bet would be to wait a year and apply as soon as possible.  You may want to consider the p/t program as well.

Also, I don't know about your background, but if you're coming directly from undergrad, you may want to work for a couple of years and then apply.

Re: retaking: Are you absolutely sure that you can score high enough if you retake it again? 

adjoabee

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 02:59:46 PM »
if i were in your shoes, i would not put attending ls for one yr. by how much would you be able to improve your scores? like moping said, you may want to consider the part-time and transfer to full time or you can go to another school in D.C. and then transfer

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 03:58:08 PM »
if i were in your shoes, i would not put attending ls for one yr. by how much would you be able to improve your scores? like moping said, you may want to consider the part-time and transfer to full time or you can go to another school in D.C. and then transfer

good idea! forgetfeb. im gonna just GO for it. :)

should i app FT or PT? if i app FT and get rejected, can i appeal with PT? if i app with PT and get accepted, can I ask for FT instead? how does it all work?

adjoabee

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 05:39:09 PM »
i think it will be better to call them and verify but this is what i was told. i could be wrong. i think you can apply to both FT/PT programs. if you get into PT you would have to be a PT student for a year and apply to get in FT (different from regular apps) with the decision based on availability of seats. i don't know abt being admitted FT and asking to be PT, i would think that won't be a major hurdle. well, all the best and verify with the admission office before you decide which program u apply. Note: there are people with your numbers and soft factors who got into GULC last year.