Law School Discussion

Holy [email protected]#$%$ !!! In at MICHIGAN!!!!

jeb240

Re: Holy [email protected]#$%$ !!! In at MICHIGAN!!!!
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2005, 07:57:57 AM »
I didn't get anything about $$$, but with my numbers they could hardly throw merit scholarships my way.  And they can't do Fin Aid until after Jan. 1st.

« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2005, 08:13:58 AM »
Numbers : 173 LSAT, and a GPA slightly higher than yours, radioflire. But it is a summer admission, so if you applied for fall admission only you might be getting the letter slightly later... or at least it would seem to make sense, right? although I am completely with you, waiting is horrible! :( I hope you'll get an answer soon.

radioflire

• "Not part of the crowd, but not feeling alone."
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2005, 08:20:47 AM »
I applied for Summer start, too. Also, I'm in Indiana, for Elle (even though I haven't heard).

I applied ED to Chicago, but getting into Michigan would allow me to sleep a little more soundly till December 30.

TXcal

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2005, 09:57:21 AM »
Congrats to you all on the Michigan acceptances!!  How exciting is it to get the big package and binder?   ;D

Elle Gal

• Choose your own adventure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2005, 10:01:48 AM »
Thanks, Radio, for the info.
Summer start would be fantastic.
I am in the Rockies, so the mail has to get here via horseback.
Har har.

bloomich

« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2005, 10:02:06 AM »
congrats to all just joining the party!!! go blue

bloomich

« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2005, 10:32:18 AM »
Answers to some of the questions:

I'm not in the US, it was UPSed, so that's probably why it got here so fast (in spite of the UPS driver's retardedness...don't even get me started ::))

I applied Fall start only, and that's what I got.

For soft factors: I thought they were pretty average...honors thesis, named scholar program at my uni, community service stuff, always worked P/T during school, WE abroad. My #s are floating around I just don't feel like posting more info until (if???) I get into other schools.

I looked at the AA weather averages and it really frightens me. Yikes that's cold. But then I took the virtual tour on their website and I was amazed...so many of the photos look straight out of Harry Potter! It looks GORGEOUS. Right now I'm on Cloud 9  ;D

ann arbor is sweet... the law school is beautiful... and certainly by sometime in November, it's cooooollllddddd

« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2005, 12:59:17 PM »
Congrats all!  I just got my letter in the mail today!!  I'm really excited since I got two in one day  :D

bloomich

« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2005, 01:06:58 PM »
Congrats all!  I just got my letter in the mail today!!  I'm really excited since I got two in one day  :D

big time congrats... reason why you're not applying elsewhere in the t14?

« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2005, 02:48:06 PM »

big time congrats... reason why you're not applying elsewhere in the t14?

Combination of reasons really but primarily diversity and location.  I did the rankings dance for grad school and didn't find it that useful so I chose other criteria this time.