Law School Discussion

Reading Comp...I can't read fast enough...

Trancer

• Conan the Republican!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Reading Comp...I can't read fast enough...
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2004, 11:47:05 AM »
Well you have the look and the brains... im sold.

LSATGuru

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2004, 12:58:50 PM »
Get a chatroom.
Well you have the look and the brains... im sold.

Trancer

• Conan the Republican!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2004, 02:09:57 PM »
<cough> back the reading comp...

swifty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2004, 05:57:54 PM »
280WPM (Finance major, go figure).  Now I'm consistently at 450WPM+.

I've read studies that claim that your reading speed on a computer screen is about 75% of your reading speed on paper.  So you may be able to augment your diagnostic numbers (unless, of course, they accounted for it in their equation).
Before I used EyeQ I was struggling to get the last LR question done, usually.  Reading Comp. I'd end up with about 6 minutes on the last passage instead of 8min45sec. 

I took my testmasters diagnostic Monday and I had finished some of the LR sections with 5 minutes to spare.  I also found myself with time to check all my answers on the reading comp.  I was surprised. 

Well, I just shelled out @ $25.00 on ebay for this. I'll let you all know if this is really eyeq or something else. regardless, I m going to try it out and see how it works. i don't need twice as fast only about 1.5. If any thing gives that to me with increased comprehension it will be well worth it.

What was your score on the diagnostic?
No.  I meant your LSAT score diagnostic.  What was it?

LSATGuru

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2004, 07:26:25 AM »
Oh.  159.  But I've taken a few other diagnostics and I scored more in the low 160's.  The day we took the Diagnostic (last Monday) it was about 92 degrees outside and the air conditioner didn't work where took the test.  I, along with most of the other test-takers were completely flushed by the break and were practically gasping for air when we got out of the room.  It sucked. 

But from what I see on the TM website in the testimonials I should be able to reach my goal of the high 160's. I don't really care about a 99th percentile score.

Where are you on your preptests/diagnostics as far as scores?   
280WPM (Finance major, go figure).  Now I'm consistently at 450WPM+.

I've read studies that claim that your reading speed on a computer screen is about 75% of your reading speed on paper.  So you may be able to augment your diagnostic numbers (unless, of course, they accounted for it in their equation).
Before I used EyeQ I was struggling to get the last LR question done, usually.  Reading Comp. I'd end up with about 6 minutes on the last passage instead of 8min45sec. 

I took my testmasters diagnostic Monday and I had finished some of the LR sections with 5 minutes to spare.  I also found myself with time to check all my answers on the reading comp.  I was surprised. 

Well, I just shelled out @ $25.00 on ebay for this. I'll let you all know if this is really eyeq or something else. regardless, I m going to try it out and see how it works. i don't need twice as fast only about 1.5. If any thing gives that to me with increased comprehension it will be well worth it.

What was your score on the diagnostic?
No.  I meant your LSAT score diagnostic.  What was it?

Victor

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2004, 06:10:13 PM »
Can someone send me this?

« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2008, 03:07:31 PM »
Does anyone have eyeQ that they can send me. I can't get kazaa to work and can't find it on shareaza.

The Artist

• Admit it... you got Rick Rolled.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2008, 08:27:58 PM »
even though this thread is old and I've long since finished the LSAT, tag, because this is an interesting thread.