Law School Discussion

ChiTown: The sole oasis in the desolate wasteland which is the Midwest

dsong02

• small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
too late soda. dsong already shared your xanga and your pics with us. i think your xanga was blah blah or something like that.... your picture is now my desktop wallpaper.  :o

i shared her xanga?  when?  and her xanga is pretty blah...

ttiwed

too late soda. dsong already shared your xanga and your pics with us. i think your xanga was blah blah or something like that.... your picture is now my desktop wallpaper.  :o

i shared her xanga?  when?  and her xanga is pretty blah...

ha ha, no you didn't share her xanga. i was just trying to get ya in trouble with soda.  ;)

actually, i was looking at cal4ever's and sodas was on there for some reason.

hey soda. i was just joking about that saving your picture thing.  :-*

please say hi to sodashi for me!

sincerely,

clone

another admirer of sodashi

;)

ttiwed

alright. we're off to chicago at 5 tonight. any last min suggestions? anyone...?

thanks

alright. we're off to chicago at 5 tonight. any last min suggestions? anyone...?

thanks

wait you're going this weekend??? nice!
Well if you have nothing to do on Saturday there is a huge party at Minx (my friend is throwing it) you should drop by! If you want to, reply or PM me and i'll tell you details!

where are you guys staying?

LSATGuru

The two "party / bar" areas are Gold Coast and Lincoln Park.  Tell any cabbie in town to take yout here and he'll know where to go.

I personally think Chicago sucks.  The bars are overpriced and overrated, most of the restaurants are redundant and there is far more perceived variety than there is, and the people are supercilious. 

I have lived in Illinois for the last 10 years near Chicago and far prefer St. Louis, Indianapolis, and other smaller areas that offer as much if not more than Chicago as far as food and parties and far, far less attitude from the general population.

last time i was there was in oct to go to that stupid law school forum and visit schools i have no chance of getting into. now, a bunch of buddies and i are going to chicago either this weekend or the next. can you guys recommend some places to hang out and party? we're leaving on friday evening after work and coming home on sunday night, so we only have 2 days and wanna make the most of it. also, is there anything worth visiting out in the suburbs?

thanks

The two "party / bar" areas are Gold Coast and Lincoln Park.  Tell any cabbie in town to take yout here and he'll know where to go.

I personally think Chicago sucks.  The bars are overpriced and overrated, most of the restaurants are redundant and there is far more perceived variety than there is, and the people are supercilious. 

I have lived in Illinois for the last 10 years near Chicago and far prefer St. Louis, Indianapolis, and other smaller areas that offer as much if not more than Chicago as far as food and parties and far, far less attitude from the general population.

last time i was there was in oct to go to that stupid law school forum and visit schools i have no chance of getting into. now, a bunch of buddies and i are going to chicago either this weekend or the next. can you guys recommend some places to hang out and party? we're leaving on friday evening after work and coming home on sunday night, so we only have 2 days and wanna make the most of it. also, is there anything worth visiting out in the suburbs?

thanks

Lsatguru... gold coast and lincoln park are good places to go but i have to disagree that Chicago sucks... i've lived here most of my life and have always found something unique and interesting to do here. Bars however i must admit are the same anywhere and everywhere. However, it's the people you spend your time with and not necessarily the bar itself.

As for the people... you think they're supercilious? I have no doubt that you've run into those people in chicago but they're everywhere and not just in Chicago. I find that Chicago people are the most helpful and caring than New York and Cali. Midwestern people are really actually nice to strangers.

anyways, LSAT guru if you're still in Chicago i can show you a good time  ;)

ttiwed

soda, yeah i would be interested in that party at minx. what is it anyways? a bar?

we pushed the date back cause some people's schedules conflicted. we're staying at the la quinta inn in oakbrook terrace.

dsong02

• small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
you must go to PORTILLOS and get the combo beef/dog. 

if you dont, you cant say youve been to chicago.

ttiwed

thanks dsong, i'll try that.

thanks for the directions soda.

lsat guru, you prefer cities like stl and indianapolis? well i live in minneapolis, practically a clone of thoses cities in size and character. after living here for like 9 years, i'm ready to move to nyc, la or chitown.