Law School Discussion

ChiTown: The sole oasis in the desolate wasteland which is the Midwest

ttiwed

last time i was there was in oct to go to that stupid law school forum and visit schools i have no chance of getting into. now, a bunch of buddies and i are going to chicago either this weekend or the next. can you guys recommend some places to hang out and party? we're leaving on friday evening after work and coming home on sunday night, so we only have 2 days and wanna make the most of it. also, is there anything worth visiting out in the suburbs?

thanks

Ginatio

dunno about party places, but there's a great persian place to eat on ontario st. called Reza's restaurant (a bit pricey, but it's good stuff)

Ginatio

the museums are fun for the daytime... I always enjoyed the Field Museum

as for the suburbs... ha. right.

dsong02

• small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
im all about food...so here are some places to eat:

ditkas:  hands down, the best burger in chicago (good to go for sports and cigars)
signature room: best brunch
red light:  good drinks, great scene and even better food
chop house:  best strip and filet
narcisse:  great young scene, ok food.

there are only two restaurants worth going out to the suburbs for:  1) bob chinn's seafood, and 2) Yu's Mandarin chinese.  you shouldnt miss either.

guyutegirl (Jew-Lo)

• Donkey punch: It's not just for breakfast anymore
    • View Profile
    • Email
Isn't that where soda is? That should be your first stop

dsong02

• View Profile

been there, done that.  once is enough.

guyutegirl (Jew-Lo)

• Donkey punch: It's not just for breakfast anymore
    • View Profile
    • Email

lol! :D  was it the toes?

jgruber

the art institute

dsong02

• View Profile

lol! :D  was it the toes?

of course it was the damn toes.  jacked toes are the worst.  almost kept me from coming.  coming to chicago that is...

Oy vey.... dsong, get over the fact that you WANT to suck my toes. Keep imagining that my toes are jacked up. and you said that if you could you would come to chicago. You're just one big LIAR! (oh and stop stalking me dsong...)

anyways, dsong named some good places to go. If you want to go out there are TONS of places to go. I'm going to Soundbar on Friday which is a nice new lounge/bar... really quite modern. I love Butterfield 8 (bar/restaurant, beautiful girls) and Transit (if you're into clubs)... iF you go in the gold coast area there are a ton of clubs and bars there that are fun to hop around... Domaine is great (again really pretty girls) There are a ton of bars in the Depaul/Lincoln Park area (actually i live right there) and are fun.

Hmm... if i think of more i'll tell you
and Ginitio I LOVE REZA!!!!!!! my bf is persian so we go there often... another good persian food place is Noon ah kabob... AWESOME food and service is amazing unlike Reza.

Signiture room is nice for the view but the food is ok... brunch there is ok...