Law School Discussion

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
20 (37%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
4 (7.4%)
The Board is too cliquish.
10 (18.5%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
3 (5.6%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
2 (3.7%)
Not enough Board moderation.
4 (7.4%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
11 (20.4%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Black Law Student Discussion Board

Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #49010 on: August 16, 2007, 02:02:29 PM »
GW... black folks ought to be born poor.. and they ought to have to struggle financially and have a success story to tell for generations..otherwise.. otherwise we're bourgie..

i'd love to see how these 1st generation unborn kids will turn out.. are they bourgie? cause mama making 100k plus certainly will put the child in a different class than poor...

Bourgie black people hate to be labeled. This is like rich people who call themselves "middle class."

OSA was right in the post y'all  ::)ed at.

And you're backing this up with what, exactly?  You're the one always ragging on "bougie" people, but I've yet to hear you classify what exactly constitutes a bougie person.  Just that you don't like them, and that's why you can't stand Obama. ::)

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #49011 on: August 16, 2007, 02:06:08 PM »
i'd love to see how these 1st generation unborn kids will turn out.. are they bourgie? cause mama making 100k plus certainly will put the child in a different class than poor...

Lol I also think this will be amusing to observe.  When Opoto Jr., wearing A&F shorts, brings home a nilla in his BMW 3-series.

« Reply #49012 on: August 16, 2007, 02:06:55 PM »

Lol I also think this will be amusing to observe.  When Opoto Jr., wearing A&F shorts, brings home a nilla in his BMW 3-series.

yah and when Opoto Jr goes to grandma and granpa's house to ride the horses

One Step Ahead

• you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #49013 on: August 16, 2007, 02:08:06 PM »
My kids will be oisie--whether they will be bougie or not will largely depend on how they respond.

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #49014 on: August 16, 2007, 02:08:31 PM »

Yet Opoto managed to not be bougie like y'all. Maybe Opoto will raise his kids not to be bougie as well.

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #49015 on: August 16, 2007, 02:09:58 PM »

Yet Opoto managed to not be bougie like y'all. Maybe Opoto will raise his kids not to be bougie as well.

Nah the kids rebel against the parents' image.  Plus, you can't play video games all day at 40.  Gotta put on that tie and jacket!

« Reply #49016 on: August 16, 2007, 02:10:57 PM »

sure ::)

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #49017 on: August 16, 2007, 02:11:01 PM »
My kids will be oisie--whether they will be bougie or not will largely depend on how they respond.

to what

One Step Ahead

• you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #49018 on: August 16, 2007, 02:13:29 PM »

to what

to life in America.

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #49019 on: August 16, 2007, 02:15:32 PM »

to what

to life in America.

Lol exactly. "Mooooom!  Susie got a gucci bag, why can't I have one?  Her mom's a lawyer too!"