Law School Discussion

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
20 (36.4%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
4 (7.3%)
The Board is too cliquish.
10 (18.2%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
3 (5.5%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
2 (3.6%)
Not enough Board moderation.
4 (7.3%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
12 (21.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Black Law Student Discussion Board

Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #48980 on: August 16, 2007, 01:34:24 PM »
ROFL at these bourgie Negroes gettin' upset because they're being brought to light. It's true! :D

Although, I've recently befriended someone who makes all y'all seem *far* from bourgie :( Sometimes (s)he says things and I don't know what she's talking about but I just grin and nod :-[

Thank you.  This conversation is too ridiculous for words.

honestly, i don't even shop at BR or JCRew or rock abercrombie...yet i still think that calling those brands bougie (espoecially in the case of BR where you wouldn't even know it's br by looking) is retarded.

are you f-ing serious? I don't agree with the BR bougie stuff. that's just whatever to me. But Abercrombie is the white man's official clothing line.

that's still ridiculous tho....so the black kids who grow up in a certain neighborhood where A&F is common is automatically bougie?  that's ridiculous...that's what they where bc that's what they've been exposed to.

people who grow up uppermiddle class are bougie.  sorry.  maybe we need another word because bougie has been so maligned, but it is what it is.  those clothes are rocked by those with sufficiently high incomes to afford them.

::)

x2

honestly, i think, after having been on here for over a year, that black people who don't grow up poor and are middle/upper middle class are automatically called bougie simply bc of not having lived the typical/stereotypical poor black upbringing.  it's smh worthy

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #48981 on: August 16, 2007, 01:34:44 PM »
They need the, what I will call "Alci trifecta" - bougie clothes, bougie music and bougie politics.  :D :D :D

Lol you is just hatin' all around today, nukka.

correct.  :D

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #48982 on: August 16, 2007, 01:34:50 PM »
Wait--he redeems himself by playing Madden on that tv.  :D

He would think that playing a game named after a nilla would redeem himself.  smh

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #48983 on: August 16, 2007, 01:35:38 PM »
ROFL at these bourgie Negroes gettin' upset because they're being brought to light. It's true! :D

Although, I've recently befriended someone who makes all y'all seem *far* from bourgie :( Sometimes (s)he says things and I don't know what she's talking about but I just grin and nod :-[

honestly, i don't even shop at BR or JCRew or rock abercrombie...yet i still think that calling those brands bougie (espoecially in the case of BR where you wouldn't even know it's br by looking) is retarded.

are you f-ing serious? I don't agree with the BR bougie stuff. that's just whatever to me. But Abercrombie is the white man's official clothing line.

that's still ridiculous tho....so the black kids who grow up in a certain neighborhood where A&F is common is automatically bougie?  that's ridiculous...that's what they where bc that's what they've been exposed to.

people who grow up uppermiddle class are bougie.  sorry.  maybe we need another word because bougie has been so maligned, but it is what it is.  those clothes are rocked by those with sufficiently high incomes to afford them.

x2

honestly, i think, after having been on here for over a year, that black people who don't grow up poor and are middle/upper middle class are automatically called bougie simply bc of not having lived the typical/stereotypical poor black upbringing.  it's smh worthy

I call ppl bougie the most on here I think and that has never been my bougie argument. Bougie = heavily assimilated to me.

Gengiswump

• "she's a tough mfer, but she knows how to party"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48984 on: August 16, 2007, 01:36:32 PM »

Preach.

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48985 on: August 16, 2007, 01:37:41 PM »
You guys have definitions of bougie that I've never seen used before.

To me bougie meant an unwavering taste for expensive/high-class things.

If someone wore Abercrombie but was also willing to wear non-designer clothing, I didn't consider them bougie.

However if they insisted on only wearing Prada and were stuck up about it, then yeah, they were bougie.

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #48986 on: August 16, 2007, 01:37:57 PM »
Wait--he redeems himself by playing Madden on that tv.  :D

He would think that playing a game named after a nilla would redeem himself.  smh

You tryna' go at me, punk?  :P

One Step Ahead

• you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #48987 on: August 16, 2007, 01:38:39 PM »

x2

I do not understand where either of you are coming from and I think thats because there are two definitions of "bougie" that are floating around (probably my fault) but to clarify
1)bougie (1) of or pertaining to the upper middle class
2)bougie as an attitude--the underlying rationale behind particular behavior.  

from now on I will talk about bougie (1) as oisie

Gengiswump

• "she's a tough mfer, but she knows how to party"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48988 on: August 16, 2007, 01:38:52 PM »

I call ppl bougie the most on here I think and that has never been my bougie argument. Bougie = heavily assimilated to me.

Wait a sec - who isn't heavily assimilated?  Don't get deluded . . . We been here for hundreds of years - yo ass is assimilated just as much as the next person.

Also, I posted a serious response to your serious post, so now who's being ignored? ::)

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #48989 on: August 16, 2007, 01:40:35 PM »

Wait a sec - who isn't heavily assimilated?  Don't get deluded . . . We been here for hundreds of years - yo ass is assimilated just as much as the next person.

Also, I posted a serious response to your serious post, so now who's being ignored? ::)

'cause, I can only be serious once a day at most, fro.  :D you wasted your time. i didn't even read that joint hardly.  :D :D :D