Law School Discussion

How do you care for your elderly parents?

How do you care for your elderly parents?
« on: August 24, 2019, 10:21:17 PM »
How do you care for your elderly parents? The fact is that I was born when my parents were almost 50 years old and now I have them old and they need constant care. How can I handle this? Thought to hire a person, but I do not want to let outsiders into my house

Re: How do you care for your elderly parents?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 10:24:37 PM »
If you do not want to hire a stranger, then look for someone among your friends, neighbors or relatives. As a last resort, think of a nursing home

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 09:33:56 PM »
This is a pretty tricky question. Here a lot depends on your requests and wishes. When my friend got sick with her mother, she didn’t want a stranger at their place and she applied for participation in the CDPAP program, where they try to find the right person with the right skills from among your acquaintances, friends and relatives. You can find more information at https://www.allheartcare.com/

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 03:52:59 AM »
Ageing parents need attention and financial aid. Show them that you love them. Also people at this age tend to have more medical expenses, so you can buy medical insurance for them, for example www.generalinsurance.com. This will help to cut down their expenses, and yours too. What else? Visit them more often, talk to them. Life is so short, you know.

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 04:54:06 AM »
Do you think that it's important to read more about problems which face our old parents?
Sometimes we can't notice some important things to improve their life.

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 12:51:12 AM »
Once upon a time, our parents took care of us. Now we're about parents. It is ok. We're going to be old, too.