Law School Discussion

misdemeanor question

misdemeanor question
« on: January 27, 2012, 01:57:54 AM »
Hello all,

This question closely resembles a previous thread:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/index.php?topic=4020411.0

Now, what would the response be if the Class A misdemeanor occurred in a different state than one's home state and place of study/practice?  For applying purposes, I understand that it is advisable to either mention it or not in the beginning, while applying.  An applicant is, based on the honor system, expected to state it in the beginning of course but in the above thread there was talk about how it is common to hold off until after acceptance, but to definitely bring it up to the dean at that point. 

What if the misdemeanor happened in one state and I go to a school in a different state altogether, where I attend, graduate and eventually pass the bar?  Will the school or the bar come across a conviction (expunged or not) from another state?  Do you advise the same--disclose it anyway, or will the record most likely not show?

Thank you.

Re: misdemeanor question
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 06:18:09 PM »
I have not read the post that you referenced, but I 100% disagree with anyone who thinks that you should not disclose your history before admission. Law Schools only want people that will be ale to take and pass the Bar, and most Bar Associations will not allow you to test if you have committed certain crimes; namely those associated with fraud or theft. Whatever your misdemeanor was, I would disclose it and contact the school to talk or meet with someone in order to discuss the issue. Your honesty might make the difference when they are sitting around a table looking at potential candidates.

I witnessed several students who were kicked out for crimes they committed during law school, let alone crimes committed prior to admission. My point here is that being admitted does not shield you from your actions.

I realize my post sounds a little harsh, but there is still hope. Many of the misdemeanors out there won't hurt you too much. I knew law students who had convictions for DUI's, Illegal transportation of alcohol, and (minor) assaults... the Bar and your school know realize that people make mistakes That is exactly why I think you should talk to your school, they will know best whether your conviction will hurt you or not, and could save you a lot of trouble and worry.

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 10:05:49 PM »
Hello all,

This question closely resembles a previous thread:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/index.php?topic=4020411.0

Now, what would the response be if the Class A misdemeanor occurred in a different state than one's home state and place of study/practice?  For applying purposes, I understand that it is advisable to either mention it or not in the beginning, while applying.  An applicant is, based on the honor system, expected to state it in the beginning of course but in the above thread there was talk about how it is common to hold off until after acceptance, but to definitely bring it up to the dean at that point. 

What if the misdemeanor happened in one state and I go to a school in a different state altogether, where I attend, graduate and eventually pass the bar?  Will the school or the bar come across a conviction (expunged or not) from another state?  Do you advise the same--disclose it anyway, or will the record most likely not show?

Thank you.

Read the question closely (not as you would like it to read).  What does it say? 

If it simply asks you to list all your prior convictions, then you must list it. 
If it makes an exception for expunged crimes and the crime has been expunged, do not list it. 
It makes no difference that the misdemeanor occurred in a different state than one's home state and place of study/practice.
You should always err on the side of inclusion.
The bar will come across a conviction from another state, unless the conviction has been expunged. 
However, that's no reason to hide the conviction if the call of the question is clearly an unqualified "have you ever been convicted..." (which it often is).
The consequences of being caught in a lie are far greater than simply listing the conviction.

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 03:26:31 AM »

Write only if you are serious! Brenda. Age 26.
My new photos and sexy videos here Click!

Johnny 74Free dating site members. Free online dating site member Wells RAM's photo Free online dating site member joseph dellinger's photo
Currently, more than 40% of single men used an app or a dating site in the last The 67-year-old widower who met a scammer claiming to be
For all the single ladies out there today, we're blessed with a world of opportunity in our hands. Imagine if it was always this way- swipe right
Many apps offer a page of advice for safe dating.Most notably, 72% were carried out in the home of either the victim or the perpetrator, and
Nomura Instinet says the online-dating sector could be worth 12 billionsites — where he's easily the most bullish analyst, with a 66 price
Summary IntroductionOverviewPart I: Is Online Dating Fundamentally Different From Conventional Offline Dating? Part II: Is Online Dating Superior To
A Manhattan man who hired a luxury dating service to help him find love instead found a money pit, a lawsuit claims. The Washington
Online dating can be different. Make Authentic-Tony Megan. TonyBy continuing to browse the site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. OKLearn
Although there are plenty of sites that claim they are 100% online free dating sites, most aren't. There are, however, semi-free dating sites.
IN THE modern, technology-driven society we live in internet dating has never been so popular.
Browse the top dating sites for meeting singles at .
We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our site. By continuing to use the site you agree to our use of Find out more
The dating site boast 35 million members, so why is it so difficult to find just But single people of various ages from 20 to 93 are using the app
Offences where a dating site was mentioned in a police report increasedat 11:00 BST on Sunday 14 April - or catch up later on BBC Sounds.
Pastor dating site Online dating scholarly journals Free hookup app for android48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
Friends with benefit dating site - If you are a middle-aged woman looking to have a See the last time a cocktail or girlfriend; neither party has 86 messages.
I am not a fan of online dating, nor do I have any online dating…photos, telling you that they have something like 95% compatibility with you.
George Zimmerman has reportedly been kicked off a dating site. Officials with Bumble said an unverified profile purporting to be Zimmerman
34 year old dating a 26 year old - Rich woman looking for older man We've been married 8 years old person a single guys 26 and drinking martinis in places.
Christian Rudder: The dating site's numbers guru reveals the painful truth about men, women and ageingand why you should always ask a
All articles tagged "For Women" (page 74)DATING SITE REVIEWS. Our experts have ranked the dating sites below as 2018's best:Reviews
10 Best Australian Dating Websites5 Reasons to Give Online Dating A Red You can set up a profile on a dating site and browse around and
What makes a dating site good for seniors? We looked See our updated Best Senior Dating Sites (2014). Thinking03212018 at 12:47am.
isn't a Native American niche dating site, but it's still the number E-Snag. Thousands of Native Americans, Aboriginals, and First
Natural Awakenings Singles Dating. Natural Health online dating site for conscious singles to meet their spiritual partner.
Gratis dating sites i danmark. Black hiv dating looking for anyone, please review of the. We use cookies to the web. Register and meet south africa. Com is sites
According to data from 50,000 interactions compiled over a couple months by dating site Are You Interested, women in Manhattan contact men
I, A Single Person, Tried Six Different Dating Apps So That You Don't Have To7 Dating Sites And Apps That Are Actually Worth Paying For

Relevant Words :
dating agency
free dating site
free dating sites uk
free dating apps
dating sider
dating simulator
p o f dating site
dating d k