Law School Discussion

ITT We Reassure One Another 'Bout Finals

crow

Re: ITT We Reassure One Another 'Bout Finals
« Reply #130 on: December 09, 2008, 09:02:33 AM »
!!

I am trying study like hell today.  Then I will be able to relax a little tomorrow before my thurs exam.

« Reply #131 on: December 09, 2008, 09:41:34 AM »
cool.

« Reply #132 on: December 09, 2008, 02:36:27 PM »
how's everyone doing?  still sane?

feeling surprisingly fine.  i'm surprised by how many clueless people there are asking basic questions about SJ and JML, but they can still pwn me on the exam, so i'm wary.

also, i exchanged exams with one of the Olin Fellows and he absolutely pwnd.  he hit every issue, nailed the right analysis, and noticed everything.  and he's in my section.

« Reply #133 on: December 09, 2008, 02:40:21 PM »
An Olin Fellow is someone at my school who's doing a joint PhD./JD thing with the Econ department.  They're easily the smartest people in the class.

Why shouldn't I be intimidated by classmates?  It's not like he's smarter than I am.  He just wrote a better exam, spotting more issues and more coherently defending his positions.  I'm meeting with him in an hour, and I'll try to learn from him and the memo to be more inclusive.

I honestly think my professor uses a check-list, so as long as I run through everything thoroughly like he did, I should be fine.  (Median, definitely.  Hopefully above it.)

« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2008, 02:47:05 PM »
Oh, definitely the former.  I'm very motivated by what others are doing, especially if it seems more reasonable or intelligent than me.

just dot

• I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2008, 03:09:05 PM »
Best of luck to everyone on your finals!!!!

::sprinkles luck dust::

just dot

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 09, 2008, 03:19:51 PM »

hi dot!  and good luck!  :)

Heeeey!  And thanks.   ;D  I'll need it.  Law school exams are much harder in practice than they seemed in theory.  You know, back when I was doing LEEWS over the summer.  Hrm.

« Reply #137 on: December 09, 2008, 03:21:53 PM »

Heeeey!  And thanks.   ;D  I'll need it.  Law school exams are much harder in practice than they seemed in theory.  You know, back when I was doing LEEWS over the summer.  Hrm.

You're still alive?? Good luck on finals!

And good luck to everyone else too!

just dot

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 09, 2008, 03:26:16 PM »

You're still alive?? Good luck on finals!

And good luck to everyone else too!

Haha!  Almost didn't recognize you, blue.  Yeah, I needed to focus on school so I cut a few time-sucks out.  I think it was helpful.  Now I'm procrastinating (instead of studying) so they're baaaaack.   :D

« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2008, 03:32:02 PM »
Haha!  Almost didn't recognize you, blue.  Yeah, I needed to focus on school so I cut a few time-sucks out.  I think it was helpful.  Now I'm procrastinating (instead of studying) so they're baaaaack.   :D

Ah yes, I have a new look for the holidays :)  I'm glad taking time away was helpful!