Law School Discussion

ITT We Reassure One Another 'Bout Finals

dischord

• View Profile
Re: ITT We Reassure One Another 'Bout Finals
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2008, 08:26:28 PM »
I also found some of the student answers for contracts practice exams to be less than stellar.  However, I am at an inferior school. 

I would point out that you shouldn't judge the quality of those essays without taking into account that they were coughed up under pretty crazy time pressure.

Then what the @#!* is the point of these exams?  Why not judge who gets LR by seeing who can endure a series of blowjobs?

<-- feels extremely stressed.

ENDURE?  If you mean endure giving them that's one thing, but if not, then I think that would leave us with less curve differentiation than we even have now.

Anyway, LSD gives you tons of typing practice.  You're gold.

« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2008, 08:27:41 PM »
Honestly, what's the downside of getting a JD from UHawaii?  Is it that you're stuck in Hawaii?  I could live with that. 

dude, everything there is expensive.

and i'm fairly certain that hardcover books are more expensive than softcover books.

Don't you live in Manhattan?

« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2008, 08:28:54 PM »
Stop drinking the kool-aid.  This is all a deck of cards -- a big show to the outside world that doesn't know jack about what we do.

« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2008, 08:29:29 PM »
Honestly, what's the downside of getting a JD from UHawaii?  Is it that you're stuck in Hawaii?  I could live with that. 

dude, everything there is expensive.

and i'm fairly certain that hardcover books are more expensive than softcover books.

Don't you live in Manhattan?

yes, and it's expensive relative to HERE.

Psh.  Islands.  Who needs them?

« Reply #114 on: December 08, 2008, 08:30:35 PM »
Everyone else is at the bar tonight.  Should I go?  I can't bring myself to stop talking about exams.  People have started ignoring me because I talk about the work product exception and privilege non-stop.

« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2008, 08:31:44 PM »
Stop drinking the kool-aid.  This is all a deck of cards -- a big show to the outside world that doesn't know jack about what we do.

Let's hope it stays that way.  I mean, that the outside world doesn't have a clue.  If they really knew how much bullsh*t there is in legal work... I mean REALLY KNEW as opposed to what they think they know... we'd get paid A LOT less.

dischord

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 08, 2008, 08:32:09 PM »
Stop drinking the kool-aid.  This is all a deck of cards -- a big show to the outside world that doesn't know jack about what we do.

Moi?  

Everyone else is at the bar tonight.  Should I go?  I can't bring myself to stop talking about exams.  People have started ignoring me because I talk about the work product exception and privilege non-stop.

I think a) that you should stop doing that, and b) maybe you should watch a movie or something.  You should NOT do more prepping, but on the other hand I think classmate contact will stress you out.  I've been avoiding my classmates like the plague for the past 5 days.

« Reply #117 on: December 08, 2008, 08:39:03 PM »
It is kind of a silly exercise, the whole thing.  I mean, why not actually write a legal memo instead of sweating through three hours of craping out inferior legal analysis?  Wally's got a point.

dischord

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 08, 2008, 08:44:17 PM »
We do write memos.

« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2008, 08:48:16 PM »
We do write memos.

We do too and I think that's not a silly exercise.  I think, however, that one might be able to make the case that the exams are.  They have little obvious relationship to what actually goes on in the legal profession.