Law School Discussion

So how did we do?

Re: So how did we do?
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2008, 01:43:03 PM »
I thought this LSAT was a lot more difficult than the June 2007. I had to guess on the last couple of questions on game 4. I think I guessed all D from 20-23. Hopefully I snagged at least one of those. Reading comp was really trick too...does anyone remember a question that went something like...Which of the following passages could be written by same author based on the author's tone in the main passage?? That one killed me.

Yea, I believe I had that question on the comparative passage about purple weed.  I heard from one other test taker that he had that question (in addition to the aforementioned one) on his second RC section.

meggo

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2008, 01:47:05 PM »
I thought the purple weed comparative passage was slightly difficult as well but maybe my head was just frazzled since it was my third section. The question about predicting tone/passage was easy I thought. I didn't find this test to be significantly more difficult than June though. LR felt easier than June and RC questions were more deliberate and nuanced but the passages themselves were if anything, a bit more straightforward (ie no groupthink). The games were at par. June exam I had no real difficulty with the games (though still got -5) and others found them difficult so I think LG was probably pretty at par as well.

tcwhat

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2008, 01:54:53 PM »
I thought this LSAT was a lot more difficult than the June 2007. I had to guess on the last couple of questions on game 4. I think I guessed all D from 20-23. Hopefully I snagged at least one of those. Reading comp was really trick too...does anyone remember a question that went something like...Which of the following passages could be written by same author based on the author's tone in the main passage?? That one killed me.

Yea, I believe I had that question on the comparative passage about purple weed.  I heard from one other test taker that he had that question (in addition to the aforementioned one) on his second RC section.

I thought that question came from the Chinese American author one, did it not?

« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2008, 02:00:49 PM »

Maybe.  Come to think of it I think it was the first passage, which was about intellectual properties and injunction.  The question stem was the one mentioned above and the correct answer was about how a company can prevent certain information from leaking to its competitors.

« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2008, 02:02:16 PM »
I was happy to see the purple loosestrife comparative passage.  I already knew a lot about that plant, so it was familiar ground.  Comparative passages usually give me a lot of trouble, so that was a pleasant surprise.  But the Chinese American author one was more challenging.  That is probably the passage where I'll miss a few.

tcwhat

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2008, 02:02:35 PM »

Maybe.  Come to think of it I think it was the first passage, which was about intellectual properties and injunction.  The question stem was the one mentioned above and the correct answer was about how a company can prevent certain information from leaking to its competitors.

I remember that one - in the Chinese American one that I'm thinking about the stem was something, maybe a process, that was similar to the way the author combined American idioms along with some sort of Chinese talk story thing, or maybe not and I may have all sections mixed together.

« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2008, 02:06:22 PM »
it had to do with linens or cotton? about making something in the same way she wrote her stories

tcwhat

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2008, 02:08:33 PM »
it had to do with linens or cotton? about making something in the same way she wrote her stories

Yes.

« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2008, 02:08:58 PM »
I'm thinking about the stem was something, maybe a process, that was similar to the way the author combined American idioms along with some sort of Chinese talk story thing, or maybe not and I may have all sections mixed together.

I had it narrowed down to the a piece of wood cotton is weaved with a special technique (B I think) and two pieces of different cotton are woven together so it can sell at a lower price. I picked the last one despite the "lower price" not making me feel too well.

« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2008, 02:11:03 PM »
I'm thinking about the stem was something, maybe a process, that was similar to the way the author combined American idioms along with some sort of Chinese talk story thing, or maybe not and I may have all sections mixed together.

I had it narrowed down to the a piece of wood cotton is weaved with a special technique (B I think) and two pieces of different cotton are woven together so it can sell at a lower price. I picked the last one despite the "lower price" not making me feel too well.
I think I picked the other one (special technique), but that was one of the questions I was really iffy on (not many questions stick out in my mind, but that one gave me enough trouble.)