Law School Discussion

So how did we do?

Re: So how did we do?
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2008, 01:10:10 PM »
anybody know the actual answer scheme to the bus problem (abcde)? asking bc i guessed at the last few, and also had multiple answers in a row.  pm me if so!!!

Me too please... if you remember the last 3 CRs

If i recall correctly I answered mostly Ds and Es.

Pretentious Undergrad

• Pip pip, children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2008, 01:14:26 PM »
Thats what they are saying at TLS too. Thanks.

meggo

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2008, 01:15:16 PM »
So glad to hear it Violaboy!

I was feeling pretty good heading into the break, and I had the two RC's. Well I thought one was particularly difficult and nuanced and some jackass was loudly talking to this guy trying to figure out which RC was the non-experimental section and so I discovered right at the break that the RC I thought was likely to be experimental was in fact not. I don't think I did terribly on that section, I hope my instincts took over because I thought a lot of those questions were very nuanced.

That said, I really did not do well unfortunately. I don't know what happened but about halfway through the 3rd game, I realized that I didn't understand all the inferences since I was getting into the questions and had about 3 choices which seemed plausible and the amount of time it would take to figure it out wasn't enough. I didn't have a good enough set up and I tried to strengthen it but I became confused/panicky. I entered the 4th game with about 6.5 minutes left and just panicked and for some reason I couldn't understand the bus game set up. I realized now a better way to set it up (I think) but I found the whole premise tricky (ie one person getting off, but do they all have to?) and I should have just chilled out and re-read the stimulus and got a better set up and answered as many questions as I could but I didn't. It's so weird because that has genuinely never happened to me before but I guess with the actual time pressure, it got to me. Oh well.

By the time I was done that section I was literally on the verge of tears because of bombing the last game and a half and was debating on the first question of my last LR section whether to cancel or not but I decided I'm not writing this thing again unless it's over a year away. So I just f*ck it, and literally ripped through that section. I've never done an LR section so quickly. I had about 12 minutes left and there were only 3 or maybe 4 questions I was unsure of that I went over. I took a bathroom break and browsed through the section again but who knows. I'm just over it.

« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2008, 01:18:09 PM »
So glad to hear it Violaboy!

I was feeling pretty good heading into the break, and I had the two RC's. Well I thought one was particularly difficult and nuanced and some jackass was loudly talking to this guy trying to figure out which RC was the non-experimental section and so I discovered right at the break that the RC I thought was likely to be experimental was in fact not. I don't think I did terribly on that section, I hope my instincts took over because I thought a lot of those questions were very nuanced.

That said, I really did not do well unfortunately. I don't know what happened but about halfway through the 3rd game, I realized that I didn't understand all the inferences since I was getting into the questions and had about 3 choices which seemed plausible and the amount of time it would take to figure it out wasn't enough. I didn't have a good enough set up and I tried to strengthen it but I became confused/panicky. I entered the 4th game with about 6.5 minutes left and just panicked and for some reason I couldn't understand the bus game set up. I realized now a better way to set it up (I think) but I found the whole premise tricky (ie one person getting off, but do they all have to?) and I should have just chilled out and re-read the stimulus and got a better set up and answered as many questions as I could but I didn't. It's so weird because that has genuinely never happened to me before but I guess with the actual time pressure, it got to me. Oh well.

By the time I was done that section I was literally on the verge of tears because of bombing the last game and a half and was debating on the first question of my last LR section whether to cancel or not but I decided I'm not writing this thing again unless it's over a year away. So I just f*ck it, and literally ripped through that section. I've never done an LR section so quickly. I had about 12 minutes left and there were only 3 or maybe 4 questions I was unsure of that I went over. I took a bathroom break and browsed through the section again but who knows. I'm just over it.

Ouch meggo.. are you going to cancel or wait it out?

How bad could it have been, really? I struggled a bit with the last game and found myself second guessing my answers in LR a bit much. During the heat of the test it sometimes felt all new to me and I didn't have the same clarity of mind.

I'm sure you didn't do too badly.

« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2008, 01:18:47 PM »
I'm sure you'll be just fine Meggo!  If things don't go as well, you could transfer schools later or just retake next year.  I've resigned myself to both of those options in case things don't go very well with this test.  Sigh, we'll see what happens in a couple of weeks.

« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2008, 01:19:04 PM »
anybody know the actual answer scheme to the bus problem (abcde)? asking bc i guessed at the last few, and also had multiple answers in a row.  pm me if so!!!

awesome!!!  i had 2 d's somewhere, then also guessed d for the last 2 (thanks to ps bible)...  maybe at least a few are right & i can redeem some pts.

meggo, i felt the same way about the last 2 games. HORRIBLE.  all i can say is i was kind of thankful that it was my last section, because i would've been distracted if i had to do anything but the stupid writing sample.

« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2008, 01:19:34 PM »
Thales, I also remember there being a lot of Ds and Es, so I think that's good. I was kind of suspicious that I had messed up.

« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2008, 01:21:14 PM »
Also had Ds and Es at the end.

« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2008, 01:21:47 PM »
Thales, I also remember there being a lot of Ds and Es, so I think that's good. I was kind of suspicious that I had messed up.

In LG I found the answers followed a really odd trend. From being many As through Cs in the first half to being mainly Ds and Es for the second.

Actually, there were similarily odd trends all throughout the test... I didn't let it bother me during the test, but I'm hoping others have noticed this too.

tcwhat

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2008, 01:22:39 PM »

Please tell me you selected E for the last one - I randomly guessed E because I ran out of time.