Law School Discussion

So how did we do?

middlepath

• contemplate, contemplate, contemplate
    • View Profile
Re: So how did we do?
« Reply #130 on: October 05, 2008, 07:51:27 PM »
Hello everyone. I have been following the threads but seldom posted. Now that the LSAT is taken care of, I am in.

I have no idea how I did (OCT test, of course). I too had LR, RC, LR, LR, LG and thank goodness for that. However, I don't recall much. The whole time I was in a kind of trance. I did finish most of the questions on time. About two LR's or so I rushed through (don't know which one/s, though). And the last game was way over my head so I made some *intelligent* guesses for the last three or so questions. This means around 5 or so questions are probably not correct. Moreover, I had some problems with around 7-8 LR questions - two or more probable answers!?! A few RC questions too seemed to be tricky. Ergo, I think I am looking at mid-160's, provided I didn't mess up while bubbling in.

This shucks.

« Reply #131 on: October 06, 2008, 04:26:49 AM »
All right, a couple days late, but I don't care! This was my first time taking the LSAT, and I never did a real practice test, just some stuff on my own. (I had LR-RC-LR-LR-LG)

I was a bit surprised to read the boards and see that most people found this test much harder than usual. I found it a bit harder than the practices I had done, but just assumed it was nerves!

I had three LR sections and hope to GOD the second one that appeared on my test was the experimental. A lot of the questions seemed quite unusual and that was definitely the section i was the most unsure of. Not like "I have no idea", but that had the most "well it's this one or this one." to it. I found the last LR section on mine VERY easy and finished it with enough time to do the whole section over again. (ETA - apparently the second I struggled with was the experimental, yaaaaaaaaay! That was the only section I felt completely rushed/nervous on)

I thought the RC was OK; I found the passages easy to understand and only struggled with a few of the questions in regards to wording (the Kingston article with the odd cotton question for example, which based on peoples responses here I think I missed, lol, but I barely remember..) Also, OT, but I the whole time I read the passage I kept trying to remember if she wrote The Woman Warrior because I read that in high school XD.

I actually really enjoyed the logic games. I loved the last one and feel confident I did that one quite well. I only had issues with one of the games and made a couple educated guesses. (the game I struggled with the was the night shift/day shift, I answered the first two questions fine, got to the third, had my mind blown and skipped to finish the test, came back and made some guesses after ruling out 1 or 2 definite wrongs)

All in all I feel pretty OK about it, I'm terrible at estimations but I hope I did well. =)

« Reply #132 on: October 06, 2008, 05:13:11 AM »
Yeah, it wasn't really relatively difficult. No surprises. I might be biased because I took 29 preptests prior to the actual test.

pe402

« Reply #133 on: October 06, 2008, 06:59:35 AM »
I think that the test wasn't easy but it wasn't horribly hard. On the other hand, I did a large number of preptests too... I did get tripped up on the fourth gam (the bust question) but really only on the last two questions.

I'm going to try to forget about the LSAT for the moment and focus all of my energy on the Personal Statement etc. Hopefully we all did better than we think...

bt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: October 06, 2008, 07:37:14 AM »
I'd say the RC was comparable to June, but slightly easier.  LG was without a doubt harder.  LR about the same.

June curve was -10.  I'm betting -10/-11 for this one as well, and leaning towards 11.

CTL

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2008, 07:40:14 AM »
Did anyone find that there were very few As in the LG section?  I can't remember now, but I'm pretty sure I only had one.  I looked at it after I finished (it was my last section) and I thought it was a bit strange...

« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2008, 07:50:04 AM »
I remembered no As/Bs on the last game.

« Reply #137 on: October 06, 2008, 07:51:03 AM »
Did anyone find that there were very few As in the LG section?  I can't remember now, but I'm pretty sure I only had one.  I looked at it after I finished (it was my last section) and I thought it was a bit strange...

I believe the As were mainly in the first game only. I thought this was weird also. I found the answer progression was mainly from left to right (i.e. A to E, from first to last game). You can PM me if you want to discuss it in detail.

« Reply #138 on: October 06, 2008, 07:52:11 AM »
I'd say the RC was comparable to June, but slightly easier.  LG was without a doubt harder.  LR about the same.

June curve was -10.  I'm betting -10/-11 for this one as well, and leaning towards 11.

I didn't think RC was that tough, but there were a lot of specific reference questions. Expecially in that stupid Chinese oral talk passage.

TimMitchell

« Reply #139 on: October 06, 2008, 07:57:29 AM »
I think I did well, don't want to talk about specific questions since I'm using my real name, so I'll just tag and lurk  ;D