Law School Discussion

So how did we do?

Re: So how did we do?
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2008, 01:42:11 AM »
^
wow that's lucky. I like the watch I have, it's very precise and better than the other cheapo watch I had but that would have been nice. When I was standing in line to register this (annoying) guy in front of me was chatting with his friend and he was like 'it's so annoying not being able to bring in a timer. There is no way I'm going to buy an analog watch just for this.' And I was like what?! You'll spend $140 writing this test, but not $20 at Walmart to get a cheap watch? then when we were in the room they were looking around for a clock. I was like um....right.

I still don't think that is the claim the passage was making. And I could be really off here, but from what I understood the claim was she was influenced by talk-song-whatever and this is clearly indicated by this book. If this book is not representative of her work, than it's an anomaly, and she is not heavily influenced by this tradition. But I could be remembering everything wrong. I still think the trickiest question on the passage was the argument part question.

what are you referring to there?

« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2008, 08:05:18 AM »
I had a different test (I'm abroad), but I think I did OK.  I had LR-RC-LR-LR-LG.  I don't think I did too well on the first two sections, but the last three were easy as cake.  I finished both LR sections early, which is almost unheard of for me except for on PrepTest 48, and the LG weren't too difficult.  This has  me a little worried that there might have been a curve similar to PrepTest 48, but I guess I'll never know.  Overall, I feel really good about it and am prepared to accept whatever score I get (provided it's a 167 or above haha).

I had the same test format and fumbled a bit on the first two sections, at least until I got the feeling back in my hands. I completely blacked out during that test though, and wrote it like a robot.

I'm really hoping some miracle deity gave me some good fortune yesterday.

« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2008, 08:18:50 AM »
It's so hard because even though it only happened earlier we all remember it differently  :D

I was almost positive that it referred specifically to weaken the author's claims in the last paragraph. But meh. that's how I remember it, and that's how it better be  ;)

It was definitely the claims in the last paragraph. I remember that question distinctly.

tcwhat

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2008, 10:00:35 AM »
It's so hard because even though it only happened earlier we all remember it differently  :D

I was almost positive that it referred specifically to weaken the author's claims in the last paragraph. But meh. that's how I remember it, and that's how it better be  ;)

It was definitely the claims in the last paragraph. I remember that question distinctly.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't weaken the arguments claim in the last paragraph but weaken the author's entire argument.

meggo

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2008, 10:04:01 AM »
haha I guess we will all find out when the test comes back what that question was! The argument part question I'm talking about is the question that referred to the person listing all those characteristics of talk-song-whatever and what the purpose of that was. I struggled a bit on that for sure. Don't even remember what I selected in the end.

broach - that is exactly how the last LG happened for me.

tcwhat

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2008, 10:09:26 AM »
haha I guess we will all find out when the test comes back what that question was! The argument part question I'm talking about is the question that referred to the person listing all those characteristics of talk-song-whatever and what the purpose of that was. I struggled a bit on that for sure. Don't even remember what I selected in the end.

broach - that is exactly how the last LG happened for me.

Oh.  We are referring to two different questions then - I remember that one about the characteristics as a separate one - but both had some reference to the final paragraph.

« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2008, 10:37:04 AM »
last four of the "evil" game were BECD, i can never remember the accept answer, think it was d

« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2008, 01:42:18 PM »
I had two LG sections...thank GOD the first one I had wasn't the scored section. I bombed it. I was so depressed at the break but managed to recoop for the second LR section and then saw that I had another LG which was a life saver. Overall, I found both LR sections to be easier than normal but unfortunately the RC was horrible. I could have very well missed 10 questions on that one. I'm guessing I got 20-23 right on both LR's, probably 18-20 on the LG's and who knows what on the RC..probably 7 haha

« Reply #128 on: October 05, 2008, 01:51:58 PM »
This RC was tough. But I hate RC anyway.

I only had difficulty with that stupid Chinese passage. Too many specific reference questions from what I recall. And it was beyond irrelevant to me. I couldnt have been less bored reading that passage.

« Reply #129 on: October 05, 2008, 02:22:19 PM »
well it's official (i confirmed with a variety of people), my first LR was real. yea, the one that sucked me balls and hung me up to dry. (and i'm a girl).

i'm just praying i didn't bomb rc, lg, nor the second LR passage (which seemed much easier).

*crosses fingers* -- officially from me, socrates LR was the hardest section out of all, but i also felt cracked out since it was my first.