Law School Discussion

Best Outlining Software For Windows

Re: Best Outlining Software For Windows
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2008, 07:39:27 PM »
Why do people always refer to it as "stupid formatting"?  If you are doing an outline, why wouldn't you want it formated as an outline?

Because you often end up fighting the software to get the outline done like you want it. Far easier just to manually tab.

Why would you have to fight it?  You can set it up to do exactly what you want it to do.  I think it's more likely that people don't learn how to use it, and then wonder why it isn't doing what they want.

Speedzie

• Illinois College of Law - 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2008, 08:11:10 PM »
Why do people always refer to it as "stupid formatting"?  If you are doing an outline, why wouldn't you want it formated as an outline?

Because you often end up fighting the software to get the outline done like you want it. Far easier just to manually tab.

Why would you have to fight it?  You can set it up to do exactly what you want it to do.  I think it's more likely that people don't learn how to use it, and then wonder why it isn't doing what they want.

Cosigned.  Word is a very powerful piece of software, and most people do not seem to learn how to use it.

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2008, 10:41:52 AM »
But but the computer should read my mind!

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2008, 10:53:29 AM »
But but the computer should read my mind!

Word.

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2008, 03:31:40 PM »

Used OneNote my first semester and Word my second. Hands-down, Word wins. To expand on what the poster above said, if you know how to use Word, it is indeed quite powerful (as any piece of sophisticated software). Word allows me to make custom toolbars, develop the outline styles that work for me, assign them all keyboard shortcuts, write macros, create auto-insert options to speed up my notetaking, etc.

deej

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2020, 04:40:45 AM »
If you're looking for good software, I suggest you go to Lostdongle. Here you will find everything you need to create a key emulator, get the software installation kit. And if you have Dinkey1 or Dinkey2, then here https://lostdongle.com/devices/dinkey-emulator/ you will find instructions on how to get data to backup your Dinkey Pro key.