Law School Discussion

Men, Let's Talk Watches

n/a

• View Profile
Re: Men, Let's Talk Watches
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2008, 05:04:46 PM »
The Aqua Terras are beautiful. 

...And so are those Patek Phillipes. Wow.  I'll take the blue one, please.

Thats the same watch :) ... its double faced.  The workings in there must be ridiculous... it has something like:

Hour
Minute
Second
GMT Hand
Day
Date
Month
Moon Phase
Constellation Map/Skyline

And I must me missing a few.

UnoriginalAndrew

• I found a Moonrock in my nose!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2008, 05:38:43 PM »
Thinking about how that thing works makes my brain hurt.

Matthies

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2008, 05:45:54 PM »

Thats the same watch :) ... its double faced.  The workings in there must be ridiculous... it has something like:

Hour
Minute
Second
GMT Hand
Day
Date
Month
Moon Phase

For $1.5 million there are a few things else it should do but the filter would block them out if I wrote them.

Matthies

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2008, 05:49:02 PM »

Hour
Minute
Second
GMT Hand
Day
Date
Month
Moon Phase

For $1.5 million there are a few things else it should do but the filter would block them out if I wrote them.

And if the watch doesn't do it, there had better be a person that comes with it who will.

For that kind of money they better be twins

« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2008, 10:04:22 PM »
Two dozen people trying to decide between a seamaster and a colt.  What a wide range of taste.  I'm not a fan of divers, but to me, the seamaster is a nicer looking watch, and most in the know seem to consider Omega a hair above Breitling in design and quality.  I prefer the Speedmaster.  Not a Tag or Movado fan, and I would suggest looking at Longines, Oris, and Hamilton instead.

AmericanGunner

• Huge soccer fan, obviously...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2008, 03:03:16 PM »
I dig that blue Patek Philipe as well - but I thought there were only six grand complications in horology. Does the Patek do each of them twice or something?

Talk Is Cheap

• F*** the man, I'm the man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2008, 11:35:00 PM »
Two dozen people trying to decide between a seamaster and a colt.  What a wide range of taste.  I'm not a fan of divers, but to me, the seamaster is a nicer looking watch, and most in the know seem to consider Omega a hair above Breitling in design and quality.  I prefer the Speedmaster.  Not a Tag or Movado fan, and I would suggest looking at Longines, Oris, and Hamilton instead.

I'm getting the old Speedmaster Pro when I land a real job...always been on the short list.

Props for the "value watch" suggestions...I'm a Hamilton and Longines fan myself.