Law School Discussion

Men, Let's Talk Watches

n/a

• View Profile
Re: Men, Let's Talk Watches
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2008, 11:19:44 AM »
Most breitlings ive seen over the past couple years have had the diagonally running links.

Im sure yours is real... haha, whered you buy it?

Matthies

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2008, 11:40:33 AM »
Most breitlings ive seen over the past couple years have had the diagonally running links.

Jewlry store that was a Breitling dealer, but this was in like 2000 so maybe they changed since then? I remeber my dad had a sretchy band watch, those are kind cool in an old school way.

UnoriginalAndrew

• I found a Moonrock in my nose!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2008, 12:32:24 PM »
Has anyone bought a watch from EBAY? There are some pretty good deals but I am unsure if the watches are truly authentic. If I buy a watch  and I find out it is not authentic will EBAY refund the money or will I have to go after the dealer?

If it's Ebay, I'd be wary.  You'll get a good deal, but unfortunately there really isn't a surefire way to tell if it's used, or fake.  Ebay would not refund all the money, as they won't refund the full price of purchases above a certain point.  If it was fake, issue a complain with Ebay and the dealer. 

Jewlry store that was a Breitling dealer, but this was in like 2000 so maybe they changed since then? I remeber my dad had a sretchy band watch, those are kind cool in an old school way.

Some Breitlings do have straight links on the bands.  What model is it?

Matthies

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2008, 03:01:55 PM »
Has anyone bought a watch from EBAY? There are some pretty good deals but I am unsure if the watches are truly authentic. If I buy a watch  and I find out it is not authentic will EBAY refund the money or will I have to go after the dealer?

If it's Ebay, I'd be wary.  You'll get a good deal, but unfortunately there really isn't a surefire way to tell if it's used, or fake.  Ebay would not refund all the money, as they won't refund the full price of purchases above a certain point.  If it was fake, issue a complain with Ebay and the dealer. 

Some Breitlings do have straight links on the bands.  What model is it?

Its a Blackbird, I could not find a pic of one that looks exactly like mine, buit its very close to this with a metal band and red tips on the hands

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2008, 08:23:38 AM »

There are plenty of authentic new and used watches on ebay but you need to be a very educated consumer. Ask the right questions, do research, etc. I'd recommend making sure that you're using a credit card and not your bank account via paypal. Credit cards often have more consumer protection.

Talk Is Cheap

• F*** the man, I'm the man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2008, 02:40:28 PM »
I think most of the breitling aeromarine watches (superocean, seawolf, whatever the hell) have the diagonal steel bracelet...models like the navitimer do still have the straight links.

AmericanGunner

• Huge soccer fan, obviously...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2008, 01:38:07 PM »
I've always been a fan of the Seamaster. When I'm raking in the dough, I want to get a vintage seamaster, and a vintage sub-mariner. But the mother of all watches may be this one:

http://www.blancpain.ch/e/complications

They only made 35 or so of them, they're worth almost a million dollars, and are made mostly of platinum and gold...

n/a

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2008, 01:55:47 PM »
This Patek Phillipe sold for about 1.5 million.
Supposedly has 12 complications

« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2008, 06:02:29 PM »
I have a Movado Museum Dial that I love.

I have my eye on an Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra and a Cartier Tank Francaise.

UnoriginalAndrew

• I found a Moonrock in my nose!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2008, 02:50:51 PM »
The Aqua Terras are beautiful. 

...And so are those Patek Phillipes. Wow.  I'll take the blue one, please.