Talk Is Cheap

• F*** the man, I'm the man.
    • View Profile
Re: Men, Let's Talk Watches
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2008, 08:59:20 PM »
Nice!

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2008, 09:12:07 PM »
there's like 17k worth of watch on that wrist right there.  damn.

Talk Is Cheap

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2008, 11:43:45 PM »
there's like 17k worth of watch on that wrist right there.  damn.

Bull

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2008, 04:57:34 AM »
the IWC is 8-10k, the omega is probably 2.5-3k, and the rolex is 5-7K...

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2008, 07:08:47 AM »
Tag Aquaracer
Two Movados
Armani
Dolce & Gabbana

Matthies

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2008, 09:41:34 AM »
Oh one thing that has not been mentioned on here yet, if you spending more than 1k for a watch or have more than one high end watch, get them insured. Most homeowners or renters polices will cover 1-2 watches, but the usually have a pre set value limit of less than $500 (total). Ask your insurer about a watch rider, they can usually add a rider up to the value of your collection for a few dollars more a month. Also be sure its replacement value, not depreciated value. If you watch is individually serial numbered keep that number in a separate place from your watches, if they ever get stolen you can enter that number into the police stolen item database and if it ends up at a local pawnshop or jeweler you have a good chance of getting it back.

Also I have found Amazon.com is a good place to buy high end watches, you can get some good deals from competing venders there. Also donít forget about buying used, its takes a while to find the right one, but I found the exact Rolex model I wanted used for about half the price of new. There are watch brokers out there who will search for you and let you know what they find and give you a price quote on a used model whatever.

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2008, 11:02:32 AM »
Good thinking on insurance!

I'd recommend jomashop.com. I have a Tag 2000 that I bought myself when I got my first(and only) promotion. I thought about selling it on ebay to pay for moving costs but decided against it.

Talk Is Cheap

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2008, 04:19:14 PM »

I thought that LV sub was a seamaster the first time I looked at it...my mistake!

Anyways, why do people like TAGs so much?? Only thing I would ever want is one of those Carrera chronos, and that's if someone gave it to me. Having Tiger Woods and Uma Thurman peddle your wares must really work...I've read that TAG is the no. 2 selling luxury watch in the U.S. now behind Rolex.

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2008, 06:23:25 PM »

I thought that LV sub was a seamaster the first time I looked at it...my mistake!

Anyways, why do people like TAGs so much?? Only thing I would ever want is one of those Carrera chronos, and that's if someone gave it to me. Having Tiger Woods and Uma Thurman peddle your wares must really work...I've read that TAG is the no. 2 selling luxury watch in the U.S. now behind Rolex.

Well I can't speak for people. For me, I bought a Tag because I came from a family of sensisble watches and a Tag seemed like a certificate of accomplishment. No one spent money on crazy things like telling time. I remember thinking that'd be the first thing I'd buy when I had money to buy an adult watch. I did and I did. Kinda cliche but now it's mine. I stack it with a yurman bracelet. (I'm a lady - sorry for intruding on the thread but I love watches and could talk time pieces all day).