Law School Discussion

Men, Let's Talk Watches

Talk Is Cheap

• F*** the man, I'm the man.
    • View Profile
Men, Let's Talk Watches
« on: June 30, 2008, 11:36:43 PM »
What will you be rocking to LS? Daily Quartz beater you got at Target? Graduation present? Item you slaved for a year to proudly purchase?

Will you switch it up for dress or professional wear?

This topic is, of course, way better than talking about laptop bags or what-have-you.

EarlCat

• i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • View Profile
Re: Men, Let's Talk Watches
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 12:10:17 AM »
Paging ArthurKing...

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 02:45:32 AM »
Haha. Nice, TIC.

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 07:22:33 AM »
I'm a girl, but this is the watch I wear:

College graduation present from my dad...

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 09:37:02 AM »
Casio G-Shock.  I'm a simple man.

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 09:52:42 AM »
Cartier Roadster that I received as a gift.  I love this watch because it is one of the few (if not only) high end watches that you can switch the bracelets out.  Can go from a stainless steel bracelet, to brown leather, to black leather (or anything else that suits you but those are the bracelets I have).  Might very well be the only luxury watch I ever own.

http://www.imagecows.com/uploads/060b-men.jpg

Still have my trusty Timex though for when I'm hiking, biking, kayaking and that sort of thing.

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 11:00:03 AM »

Love it or hate it, the solar-powered eco-drive is elite.

UnoriginalAndrew

• I found a Moonrock in my nose!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 11:43:54 AM »
Wow, I was actually just about to start a similar thread, because I've got a question. My mom wants to give me a watch for my graduation present, and is going to let me pick it out.  I've tried on some Breitlings and some Omegas, and I'm between the two brands.  I was wondering if anyone had any experience with either brand, or an opinion as to which one is "better"?  From what little I know, and from what I've seen, it seems like there isn't really a difference in quality as they're both excellent watches.

Basically, I just want a watch that will last for a long, long time.  Anyone wanna help me decide?

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 11:48:04 AM »
Wow, I was actually just about to start a similar thread, because I've got a question. My mom wants to give me a watch for my graduation present, and is going to let me pick it out.  I've tried on some Breitlings and some Omegas, and I'm between the two brands.  I was wondering if anyone had any experience with either brand, or an opinion as to which one is "better"?  From what little I know, and from what I've seen, it seems like there isn't really a difference in quality as they're both excellent watches.

Basically, I just want a watch that will last for a long, long time.  Anyone wanna help me decide?

Well, I don't think you can go wrong with either but if I was choosing I would pick an Omega Seamaster.  Those watches can do everything and will last you forever.

Matthies

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 12:37:42 PM »

I have both. Breitlings are great, most people know what they are, and they seem to hold up better than a Rolex (scratch wise). If you have a Bentley they have a cool looking watch that will match it. :) The Omegaís are bulletproof, I got the James Bond commerative one cause Iím a geek like that. http://www.omegawatches.com/index.php?id=286&details=1&ref=21230412001001&no_cache=1 

With proper care and cleaning both will last you a lifetime. Also look into Tags, I like tags as everyday watch wear over either of the other two. But 99% of the time I just wear a G-shock I have had for like five years. Iím that guy that never takes his watch off, ever, and the only thing that will stand up to daily soap scum damage is the G-shock. Plus I can clean it with a an old toothbrush when I canít see the face anymore from soap scum and not have to take it to a jeweler. The rest are worn when dressing up for a few hours at a time at most (and I have like 10 watches).

Also if you donít plan on wearing it everyday, get a watch winder case that automatically moves the watches in storage so they are always wound, otherwise itís a PIA when you switch watches.