Law School Discussion

You have GOT to read this PS over on TLS!

Ninja1

• ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: You have GOT to read this PS over on TLS!
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2008, 05:42:04 PM »
Dude, that PS isn't that bad (for a rough draft anyway). If cleaned up properly with the correct prose, it could be a damn good essay that sets him apart from the other generic crap people send in. You guys are just hating on him cuz he's Greek. Get over it.

No, we're hating him because he's a feminine hygiene product and he doesn't even realize it. I'm amazed he got into anywhere with that PS, even if it was one of the worst law schools in the country. There's no way to clean that up, it's complete dog *&^%.

The fact that he's Greek means nothing beyond that it supports my theory that most Greek folk have *&^% for brains and act accordingly. Please do not defend this poor soul, lest you be lumped in with him.

You know I normally like your posts so I am sorry I have to do this, but I just want you to know...

You are a f-ing moron.

This has nothing to do with the essay anymore. Your ignorance about fraternity members and their impact on society is huge, mostly likely because you watched Animal House or Old School a bunch of times and conclude that is what Greek Life is all about. The average school has maybe one or two 'date rape feminine hygiene product' frats who ruin the images of the other respectable fraternities, who do have a positive impact not only to their schools but to their outside environment.

First, and most importantly, thank you. I tend to enjoy your work as well.

Anyway, look here male private part beater, I roll deep in the Greek scene. I just spent all day hanging out with a bunch of Greeks from my UG. In fact, I actually end up hanging out with those people a lot more than I'd like to, but the girlfriend and some of my better friends from UG are involved in Greek life, and that kind of drags me into the scene as well. I'm not real happy about it, but I deal with it.

On my comment that started this, understand that I'm not talking about a bunch of real, honest to god pieces of *&^% that date rape drunk bitches at parties and get up to other such *&^%. Those fuckers should be shot on sight. I'm talking about Greeks in general just being plain stupid and constantly doing dumb *&^%. I understand that virtually all Greek organizations participate in many good philanthropic activities and do help to build a school's spirit, but that doesn't make their members any less dumb. They're not necessarily bad people, they're just dumb and do dumb *&^%. Now, of course, this isn't ALL Greeks, just the average Greek, in my experience. They party harder, get the cops called more, get in more trouble, drink more, tend to blow off school more, and tend to do more general dumb *&^% than the average person. Again, they're not fundamentally bad people, they just have poor decision making mechanisms. Also, for some reason, they seem to have a very unfounded superiority complex. They're sort of like the desirable but pussified version of a street gang.

My opinion on Greeks has been well formed over several years, not several hours. And if PreLawDelt doesn't support my beliefs, I don't know what does.

It's pretty funny how many of these bad decision makers are going to much better law schools than you and are significantly better-positioned for future success than you are.  HTH?

None that I know are. The few that are going to law school are going to some of the worst law schools in the country.

I also fail to see how Greek life positions you significantly better for anything in life, besides maybe an arrest record. Hell, if you would have took that money you pissed away on dues and put it in a CD, you'd probably be much better off. People that go to college tend to do better in life regardless of affiliation with the Greek system. Show me a statistic that says otherwise.

Sorry about your tiny pink sorority.

HTMFH

dsetterl

« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2008, 06:19:43 PM »
So funny how you just deleted your last post. Embarrassed? Good.

For the public it said something like this "No you know one, greek-> top 10. But Seriously, enjoy FSU.

n/a

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2008, 06:35:54 PM »
lol @ hating on greek life...  I was greek and I still laugh at the dopes that do stupid *&^% in fraternities.

I think it must be the combination of:

1)Greek members having, on average, more fun in college
and
2) Greek members being, on average, less intelligent/academically motivated than other college students

that gets all you haters so riled up.  Chill out folks... you act like fraternity members killed your families.

Ninja1

• ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2008, 06:47:31 PM »
Why don't you go and bro grab somebody? Elitist prick. There is one thing that your frat teach you: Class. Is that really how they teach you to be a man at Guy Ramma Guy?

@#!* you.  The guy (totally unprovoked) said that people in fraternities were always f-ing up, and I felt it necessary to point out that I personally know many in better positions than he is.  That's in no way elitist, mr. johnny-come-lately pole smoker.

It was on topic. The feminine hygiene product that this thread is about pretty much embodies everything that I said.

And believe me, I know a lot of people in better positions than myself. You're not exactly telling me something new. I wasn't born into money, so I'll just have to die with it instead.

dsetterl

« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2008, 06:52:58 PM »
Nah, I am not riled up at all. I have a lot of friends who were in fraternities. I just don't like people who try to get self-affirmation by gloating/bullying.

The Artist

• Admit it... you got Rick Rolled.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2008, 11:24:44 PM »
I wasn't going to post this originally, but somebody needs to basically step up to Mr. Seminole since he continues to run his mouth. So frat boys are stupid and tend to do worse than your average college student, eh? Well...

Did You Know?

85% of Fortune 500 Executives

85% of US Supreme Court Justices since 1800

76% of US Congressmen

All but two US Presidents since 1825

Were All Greek!

Additionally, did you know that Nationwide the All-Greek GPA for students is significantly higher than the All-Student GPA?

For some reason (probably since they are associated with partying and shady business) frats are portrayed exactly the opposite. I blame, among others, the media. Remember the 'SDSU Frat drug bust' a few months back. I did some research on it... less than 10% of the students arrested in the bust were in fraternities. Yet every news story just showed fraternity house after fraternity house.

Thinking off the top of my head of the Greeks I know going to law school this year from my undergrad... one is going to NYU, one is going to Michigan (that guy got a 180 on his LSAT fwiw), one is going to Hastings (due to a fatty scholarship, but he also got into UCLA fwiw), one is going to Vandy, another is going to USD (but he also got into Hastings and BC), and three others are also going to USD (it's worth mentioning my undergrad was in SoCal). I only know one 'frat boy' who is going to a T3 law school (Syracuse) and none going to a T4.

If that doesn't PWN Ninja1's argument, then at the very least my anecdotes cancel out his.

SCK2008

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2008, 11:29:31 PM »
I wasn't going to post this originally, but somebody needs to basically step up to Mr. Seminole since he continues to run his mouth. So frat boys are stupid and tend to do worse than your average college student, eh? Well...

Did You Know?

76% of US Congressmen

Were All Greek!

Additionally, did you know that Nationwide the All-Greek GPA for students is significantly higher than the All-Student GPA?

For some reason (probably since they are associated with partying and shady business) frats are portrayed exactly the opposite. I blame, among others, the media. Remember the 'SDSU Frat drug bust' a few months back. I did some research on it... less than 10% of the students arrested in the bust were in fraternities. Yet every news story just showed fraternity house after fraternity house.

Thinking off the top of my head of the Greeks I know going to law school this year from my undergrad... one is going to NYU, one is going to Michigan (that guy got a 180 on his LSAT fwiw), one is going to Hastings (due to a fatty scholarship, but he also got into UCLA fwiw), one is going to Vandy, another is going to USD (but he also got into Hastings and BC), and three others are also going to USD (it's worth mentioning my undergrad was in SoCal). I only know one 'frat boy' who is going to a T3 law school (Syracuse) and none going to a T4.

If that doesn't PWN Ninja1's argument, then at the very least my anecdotes cancel out his.

Link?

I don't care either way but I those are definitely interesting statistics...

The Artist

• Admit it... you got Rick Rolled.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2008, 11:56:36 PM »

Did You Know?

76% of US Congressmen

Were All Greek!

Link?

I don't care either way but I those are definitely interesting statistics...

Google it and you'll find it on several sites.

Ninja1

• ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2008, 12:38:07 AM »

Did You Know?

76% of US Congressmen

Were All Greek!

I'm also having to say, link?

So, the point that you're trying to make is that those people got into those positions because they're Greek? Are you sure it doesn't have more to do with them being highly qualified, and they're just incidentally Greek? I'd be willing to bet at least 95% of all of those people were white men as well. Obviously, being white and being a man is far more important than any other factor. Remember, correlation does not equal causality. Now, what about all of the ones that washed out or didn't ever do anything? Any good numbers on that? Why did they fail so spectacularly when the others had such wild success?

That, or you're trying to show that Greeks aren't @#!* ups, as evidenced by the @#!* up adverse nature of their jobs. Excellent work, you found us around, let's guesstimate... 1,200 Greeks within the last 200 years that were not @#!* ups. Honestly, it's more than I thought you'd find. ;)

So, on the portrayal of Greeks in the media, were no reporters, producers, or network heads Greek? Don't get me wrong, I also think the media tries to jump on negative Greek news, but so long as were talking about the success of Greeks, can they just not penetrate the iron clad media market?

Now, the questions on Greeks from your UG getting good law schools are how big is your school and what did the non-Greeks get? I'm sure plenty of Greeks and non-Greeks from most everywhere got good schools.

But the part that I really loved was, "If that doesn't PWN Ninja1's argument, then at the very least my anecdotes cancel out his." Honestly, is this keeping you up at night? Why are you so concerned about winning an argument with someone from the internet? Well, at least trying to tie me (you Greeks don't even try anymore). I mean, I really don't care if you buy my line or not, or if anyone does. Rest assured, nothing you can say will convince me (and apparently many others) that you're right, and in all likelihood, nothing I an say will convince you. Not that I'm actually trying, mind you. It's ok to just move on to more productive conversations.

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2008, 03:45:15 AM »
lol @ hating on greek life... I was greek and I still laugh at the dopes that do stupid poo in fraternities.

I think it must be the combination of:

1)Greek members having, on average, more fun in college
and
2) Greek members being, on average, less intelligent/academically motivated than other college students

that gets all you haters so riled up. Chill out folks... you act like fraternity members killed your families.

actually, they did.  fuckers.