Law School Discussion

You have GOT to read this PS over on TLS!

Ninja1

• ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: You have GOT to read this PS over on TLS!
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2008, 10:59:03 PM »
Dude, that PS isn't that bad (for a rough draft anyway). If cleaned up properly with the correct prose, it could be a damn good essay that sets him apart from the other generic crap people send in. You guys are just hating on him cuz he's Greek. Get over it.

No, we're hating him because he's a feminine hygiene product and he doesn't even realize it. I'm amazed he got into anywhere with that PS, even if it was one of the worst law schools in the country. There's no way to clean that up, it's complete dog *&^%.

The fact that he's Greek means nothing beyond that it supports my theory that most Greek folk have *&^% for brains and act accordingly. Please do not defend this poor soul, lest you be lumped in with him.

You know I normally like your posts so I am sorry I have to do this, but I just want you to know...

You are a f-ing moron.

This has nothing to do with the essay anymore. Your ignorance about fraternity members and their impact on society is huge, mostly likely because you watched Animal House or Old School a bunch of times and conclude that is what Greek Life is all about. The average school has maybe one or two 'date rape feminine hygiene product' frats who ruin the images of the other respectable fraternities, who do have a positive impact not only to their schools but to their outside environment.

First, and most importantly, thank you. I tend to enjoy your work as well.

Anyway, look here male private part beater, I roll deep in the Greek scene. I just spent all day hanging out with a bunch of Greeks from my UG. In fact, I actually end up hanging out with those people a lot more than I'd like to, but the girlfriend and some of my better friends from UG are involved in Greek life, and that kind of drags me into the scene as well. I'm not real happy about it, but I deal with it.

On my comment that started this, understand that I'm not talking about a bunch of real, honest to god pieces of *&^% that date rape drunk bitches at parties and get up to other such *&^%. Those fuckers should be shot on sight. I'm talking about Greeks in general just being plain stupid and constantly doing dumb *&^%. I understand that virtually all Greek organizations participate in many good philanthropic activities and do help to build a school's spirit, but that doesn't make their members any less dumb. They're not necessarily bad people, they're just dumb and do dumb *&^%. Now, of course, this isn't ALL Greeks, just the average Greek, in my experience. They party harder, get the cops called more, get in more trouble, drink more, tend to blow off school more, and tend to do more general dumb *&^% than the average person. Again, they're not fundamentally bad people, they just have poor decision making mechanisms. Also, for some reason, they seem to have a very unfounded superiority complex. They're sort of like the desirable but pussified version of a street gang.

My opinion on Greeks has been well formed over several years, not several hours. And if PreLawDelt doesn't support my beliefs, I don't know what does.

A Black person in SF asked me if I wanted to buy crack once. It happened a few other times when I was in SF. I'm now pretty sure that most Black people in SF will sell me crack.

All I'm saying is that, in my experience, Greeks have some issues. You're Greek, and, not surprisingly, you disagree. I also think Florida State is going undefeated this season. You know better. Get it? People can't see the forest through the trees, and everyone's forest is going to be different.

And yes, everyone in SF is, in fact, trying to sell you crack. That's not fog, it's crack smoke. That's why I avoid CA like the plague.

SCK2008

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2008, 11:02:22 PM »
Dude, that PS isn't that bad (for a rough draft anyway). If cleaned up properly with the correct prose, it could be a damn good essay that sets him apart from the other generic crap people send in. You guys are just hating on him cuz he's Greek. Get over it.

No, we're hating him because he's a feminine hygiene product and he doesn't even realize it. I'm amazed he got into anywhere with that PS, even if it was one of the worst law schools in the country. There's no way to clean that up, it's complete dog *&^%.

The fact that he's Greek means nothing beyond that it supports my theory that most Greek folk have *&^% for brains and act accordingly. Please do not defend this poor soul, lest you be lumped in with him.

You know I normally like your posts so I am sorry I have to do this, but I just want you to know...

You are a f-ing moron.

This has nothing to do with the essay anymore. Your ignorance about fraternity members and their impact on society is huge, mostly likely because you watched Animal House or Old School a bunch of times and conclude that is what Greek Life is all about. The average school has maybe one or two 'date rape feminine hygiene product' frats who ruin the images of the other respectable fraternities, who do have a positive impact not only to their schools but to their outside environment.

First, and most importantly, thank you. I tend to enjoy your work as well.

Anyway, look here male private part beater, I roll deep in the Greek scene. I just spent all day hanging out with a bunch of Greeks from my UG. In fact, I actually end up hanging out with those people a lot more than I'd like to, but the girlfriend and some of my better friends from UG are involved in Greek life, and that kind of drags me into the scene as well. I'm not real happy about it, but I deal with it.

On my comment that started this, understand that I'm not talking about a bunch of real, honest to god pieces of *&^% that date rape drunk bitches at parties and get up to other such *&^%. Those fuckers should be shot on sight. I'm talking about Greeks in general just being plain stupid and constantly doing dumb *&^%. I understand that virtually all Greek organizations participate in many good philanthropic activities and do help to build a school's spirit, but that doesn't make their members any less dumb. They're not necessarily bad people, they're just dumb and do dumb *&^%. Now, of course, this isn't ALL Greeks, just the average Greek, in my experience. They party harder, get the cops called more, get in more trouble, drink more, tend to blow off school more, and tend to do more general dumb *&^% than the average person. Again, they're not fundamentally bad people, they just have poor decision making mechanisms. Also, for some reason, they seem to have a very unfounded superiority complex. They're sort of like the desirable but pussified version of a street gang.

My opinion on Greeks has been well formed over several years, not several hours. And if PreLawDelt doesn't support my beliefs, I don't know what does.

A Black person in SF asked me if I wanted to buy crack once. It happened a few other times when I was in SF. I'm now pretty sure that most Black people in SF will sell me crack.

All I'm saying is that, in my experience, Greeks have some issues. You're Greek, and, not surprisingly, you disagree have issues. I also think Florida State is going undefeated this season. You know better. Get it? People can't see the forest through the trees, and everyone's forest is going to be different.

And yes, everyone in SF is, in fact, trying to sell you crack. That's not fog, it's crack smoke. That's why I avoid CA like the plague.

CA gets a bad rap b/c of all of the non-natives it attracts.  Those people that annoy you actually aren't from here...save for FL...

The Artist

• Admit it... you got Rick Rolled.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2008, 11:05:02 PM »
The people you are referring to aren't douches because they are greek. They are douches because they are douches. It has nothing to do with them being Greek. If they were the greeks from your school's 'nerdy frats' your view would be different.

Do you actually think FSU will go undefeated? That takes homerism. I won't even predict a playoff berth for the 49ers or a Rose Bowl for UCLA.

Interestingly, all the crackheads in San Fran hang out around UC Hastings...

Ninja1

• ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2008, 11:24:47 PM »
The people you are referring to aren't douches because they are greek. They are douches because they are douches. It has nothing to do with them being Greek. If they were the greeks from your school's 'nerdy frats' your view would be different.

Do you actually think FSU will go undefeated? That takes homerism. I won't even predict a playoff berth for the 49ers or a Rose Bowl for UCLA.

Interestingly, all the crackheads in San Fran hang out around UC Hastings...

Fair enough. On to greener pastures.

Yes, I go down like a hero. 12-0, not counting their eventual BCS title victory. ;) And after their first loss (like hell), 11-1. And at the end of the season? There's always next season.

As a rational person though, probably 7-5, meh bowl game, obvious victory.

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2008, 11:33:42 PM »
You stupid boys stop trying to turn this thread into a sports discussion. It got somewhat promising with the casual references to date rape, but this? This is unacceptable.

SCK2008

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2008, 11:37:37 PM »
You stupid boys stop trying to turn this thread into a sports discussion. It got somewhat promising with the casual references to date rape, but this? This is unacceptable.

The voice of motherfucking reason...

The Artist

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2008, 11:39:07 PM »

The voice of motherfucking reason...

Kinda like me when I said the Celtics would win in 6.

See what I did there?

SCK2008

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2008, 11:39:52 PM »
Luck. 

Take your sports talk somewhere else.  This thread is about date rape and frat douches...

hth.

The Artist

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2008, 11:42:58 PM »
Luck. 

Take your sports talk somewhere else.  This thread is about date rape and frat douches...

hth.

The Sublime song?

SCK2008

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2008, 11:44:03 PM »
No.