Law School Discussion

June 2008 Curve Prediction

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
Re: June 2008 Curve Prediction
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2008, 09:59:44 AM »
oh my god, since when does it matter what the hell i look like?  i put that picture up because it has an lsat prep book in it, and it seemed appropos since this is an lsat discussion forum.  i feel like rodney dangerfield.  i can't get no respect!

Actually, that was my point about you looking creative and funny.

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2008, 10:06:06 AM »
er, i don't remember trying to control what anyone was talking about.  i was just making fun of you.  there's a difference.

Right.
Making fun of me for what exactly?
I said I have no idea what the curve will be like.
You were obviously upset that some folks found the exam easy.

BT,
I thought the games were easy because the rules were very straightforward, the questions were typical, and if I remember correctly, the pure sequencing type game had only two base outcomes (I think this is the game that some folks found difficult).

i don't care one way or the other if people found the exam easy because, as i said, the curve has already been formed, so it's irrelevant.  i just think people in forums like this tend to take themselves way too seriously.  serves me right for trying to lighten the mood.

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2008, 10:07:35 AM »
oh my god, since when does it matter what the hell i look like?  i put that picture up because it has an lsat prep book in it, and it seemed appropos since this is an lsat discussion forum.  i feel like rodney dangerfield.  i can't get no respect!

Actually, that was my point about you looking creative and funny.

:)  thanks.  that post just happened to come after yours, but it wasn't directed at you.  i have no idea why everyone ganged up on me about the way i look--my face is seriously the size of an m&m in that picture. 

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2008, 10:08:51 AM »
I think that it is interesting how little is takes to provoke us to totally disrespect each other.  Anyway, just for the record, I think that Stephcope is hot!

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2008, 10:10:26 AM »
I think that it is interesting how little is takes to provoke us to totally disrespect each other.  Anyway, just for the record, I think that Stephcope is hot!

sweet, let's date!  :)

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2008, 10:13:20 AM »

sweet, let's date!  :)

Let me get back to you on that! I better ask my wife first! HA!

TimMitchell

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2008, 10:16:41 AM »
I think Steph is hot too, plus I respect anyway that uses a real picture instead of flaming boards anonymously

I kind of agree with your first post, but this is a LSAT discussion thread after all... plus I'm at work all day and don't really have anything else to do but give myself an ulcer over this stupid test  :-\

« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2008, 10:17:51 AM »
I was writing a long reply to this thread on the substance, but screw it:

1. steph, you should feel free to continue to mock me if it will take your mind off the LSAT.  (A great way to demonstrate that you are not worried about the LSAT - no, not even a little bit - is to post repeatedly on an LSAT discussion forum.  :P )

1b. People ganged up on you because (it seemed) you came out of nowhere to insult us.  Jokes don't translate well over this series of tubes - if you're kidding, smileys help.   See above.

2. Commenting on her looks was way out of line, IMHO.  I think she was wrong, but one could just...say she was wrong, instead of doing the ad hominem thing.

3. I agree with frybread, who is awesome and correct as always.

In conclusion, let's not be jerks, the end.

TimMitchell

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2008, 10:20:02 AM »

1. steph, you should feel free to continue to mock me if it will take your mind off the LSAT.  (A great way to demonstrate that you are not worried about the LSAT - no, not even a little bit - is to post repeatedly on an LSAT discussion forum.  :P )

1b. People ganged up on you because (it seemed) you came out of nowhere to insult us.  Jokes don't translate well over this series of tubes - if you're kidding, smileys help.   See above.

2. Commenting on her looks was way out of line, IMHO.  I think she was wrong, but one could just...say she was wrong, instead of doing the ad hominem thing.

Amen, bonus points for series of tubes

P.s I like your other pic better Steph

« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2008, 10:23:46 AM »

i am worried about the lsat--it's obvious that we all are, since we're here on this thread.  but i think a lot of people try to shake up other test-takers who are anxiously awaiting their score by saying things like "i think the test was easy" or "the test was so easy that there's going to be a -7 curve, max."  and that seems inherently contradictory because if they really thought the test was that easy, they wouldn't waste their time figuring out the curve for a 170 since they clearly think they scored way above that.  i wasn't mocking everybody on this forum--i think that was obvious, if you read my post again--just the people who think there's a big difference between a -9 and a -10.

all that being said, i genuinely hope you do as well as you hoped on the lsat.  i mean that.  as i said, it's irrelevant to me how everyone else did since the curve has already been formed, so as far as i'm concerned, i hope you all get the 180 of your dreams.  :)