Law School Discussion

June 2008 Curve Prediction

Re: June 2008 Curve Prediction
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2008, 10:53:53 PM »
From my gut feeling, I believe the RC will have a strong influence on how the curve will be.  Going through most (if not all) posts relevant to the June LSAT, the impression I'm getting is that most people found the LG to be relatively smooth.  On the other hand, quite a few people expressed missing bubbles on the RC by the end of the 35 minutes.  On top of that, the RC (at least IMO) was a bit harder than usual in terms of specifics and overall passage difficulty.  The last passage was especially challenging and lengthy.  Finally, comparing RC to LG, there are a lot less specific tricks and patterns.

But again, that is merely my personal conjecture.  At this point I can only hope (and browse all law related forums and boards) and pray for a good score.

argo

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2008, 05:57:05 AM »
Considering I am competing against most of you (a bad way to look at it, I know) for spots next year, am I allowed to root for a really rough scale, or is that considered bad form?

Not in my opinion.  I for one, will soon start posting really bad advice and advocating against the school where I want to go.  (Which schools those will be depends on the news I get on 7.7)   ;D

I thought this test was the easiest in a long time, excluding games, which were much harder than on the last 5-6 tests.

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2008, 09:06:21 AM »
i think it's funny when people brag about how easy they thought the test was and then spend their free time speculating on a message board about whether the curve will be a -9 or -10.  right, i'm sure you totally aced this puppy.  if it was so damn easy, maybe you should study for the mcat so your superior brain doesn't go numb waiting for what can only be a phenomenal result on july 7.

seriously, people.  relax.  and don't be that guy.

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2008, 09:18:49 AM »
and by the way, for all you -7 and -8ers soothsayers out there, keep in mind that if you're on this site, you're already part of an incredibly self-selecting group of people.  you may have thought the june test was easy, but if you look at other message boards (like www.top-law-schools.com), you'll see that lots of people who were scoring in the high 170s on their practice tests found the logic games and reading comp to be particularly difficult.  also, regardless of your personal opinion (i, for example, thought the logic games were the easiest ones i'd ever seen on an lsat), the scale has already been created and is out of our control.  our aggregate performance will only change things by a point, tops.  but that point could also come from a question being thrown out (or not), so it's kind of silly to try to figure out how "easy" the test was. 

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2008, 09:28:14 AM »
i think it's funny when people brag about how easy they thought the test was and then spend their free time speculating on a message board about whether the curve will be a -9 or -10.  right, i'm sure you totally aced this puppy.  if it was so damn easy, maybe you should study for the mcat so your superior brain doesn't go numb waiting for what can only be a phenomenal result on july 7.

Ha.
This is a discussion board for the LSAT.
We can talk about whatever the hell we damn well please.

BTW, the games were EASY.
So I don't know what the f*ck you're talking about.

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2008, 09:34:51 AM »
She said the games were the easiest she has ever seen on an LSAT.  What were you reading? 

bt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2008, 09:35:46 AM »

Well, I'd ask easy compared to what?  I think the June 07 games (and a lot of the games on preptests leading up to #53) were easier than the one on this test, but I wouldn't say that this test's games were hard either.  It does sound like a lot of people had problems with the cake layering game for some reason...either way, if we're looking at things comparatively, the games were certainly not easier than June 07 (-8 curve) and the RC was comparable in my opinion, so I think we're looking at -9, -10 if lucky.

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2008, 09:38:43 AM »
stephcope.

1. You are not attractive.
2. you are incredibly annoying.

my looks have nothing to do with how well you or i do on the lsat, but thanks for taking the time to look at my picture and give me feedback just the same. 

and i may be incredibly annoying, but at least i can sleep at night instead of worrying about my lsat score!

meggo

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2008, 09:39:28 AM »
I don't see how dissing how she looks devalues what she's saying. If anything, studying for the LSAT should have taught you that.

Anyway, why the hate? Who cares. It's her opinion, just like you all have your opinion. My opinion is also that the games were easy. For me, the last one took a bit more time than usual but the games as a whole, I considered quite easy compared to past exams. For me, the RC was one of the more difficult passages I'd encountered. But obviously we all have different strengths and weaknesses and me finding the games relatively easy, doesn't mean they were. Likewise, me finding the RC difficult, doesn't mean it was. So who cares?! It's just us expressing our own opinions.

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2008, 09:40:36 AM »

Ha.
This is a discussion board for the LSAT.
We can talk about whatever the hell we damn well please.

So I don't know what the f*ck you're talking about.

er, i don't remember trying to control what anyone was talking about.  i was just making fun of you.  there's a difference.