Law School Discussion

TEST DAY - so who is in for the June LSAT?

Re: T-minus FIVE days - so who is in for the June LSAT?
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2008, 12:07:44 AM »
I'm in too... clock's ticking. I got a very high score on the last one (171) but I'm taking it again for fun and to hopefully use it to get off UCLA's wait list. Teaching the LSAT was my prep, but I have 4 days left to get the timing down... unfortunately graduation is this weekend, so my relatives will make sure and take up as much of my time as possible.

« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2008, 01:17:56 AM »
I'm in too... clock's ticking. I got a very high score on the last one (171) but I'm taking it again for fun and to hopefully use it to get off UCLA's wait list. Teaching the LSAT was my prep, but I have 4 days left to get the timing down... unfortunately graduation is this weekend, so my relatives will make sure and take up as much of my time as possible.

fun?

i'll be attending ucla graduation festivities instead of studying too.  so really only two more days for prep.  i believe in miracles, so everything should be great.

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2008, 03:42:40 AM »
but then it not hard work, is it?

No, Julie, that is incorrect. You can work hard for 2 hours in preparation for the LSAT, but you hardly worked.

sorry. hard work require certain quantity, as well as intensity.

Julie, that's a weak argument and you know it. Hard has multiple definitions in that usage, but it can mean the quantity or the quality. Don't trap the word in a corner with one strict definition.

good luck on finding that 10-hour work week.

Re: T-minus FOUR days - so who is in for the June LSAT?
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2008, 08:56:17 AM »
Thanks to wiseowl, devo, and frybread.  I analyzed PT48 with other tests and saw some big difference.  One is that it has a harsh scale.  Two is just as what frybread said; more principle and flaw questions.  PT48 had 10 flaw questions.  LG did get easier, but this doesn't help me since I rarely miss any on LG.  RC tends to be more lengthier with specifics (the ones focusing on petty details) questions that takes a lot of time.  Thank God that I'm at least very strong with comparative passages.

If what you said is true Frybread, then perhaps postponing til October isn't a bad idea.  It's just that it's going to be a long four months.  Will take two more recent prep tests before the exam to make my final decision.

Again thanks to those responded and good luck to rest of you!

« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2008, 09:30:16 AM »
october test be hardest ever, after june test

non parata est

• buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2008, 10:56:31 AM »
Apparently, taking a day off can really help.

Earlier this week, I scored a 178 and then a 179.  My next two tests (during which I felt utterly sick of the LSAT and found it hard to focus) I scored a 173 and then a 174, due to poor performance on LR (which I usually ace).  I decided to go a day without taking a test, and I scored a 180 the next day.

The revised plan, then, is to take June '07 today (no way I'm saving that God-awful curve for last), October '07 tomorrow, December '07 on Saturday, and to take Sunday off.

« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2008, 03:02:47 PM »
165 on PT 51 today.  Bombed RC despite feeling pretty good while taking it.  Although 165 was my original goal, getting 167's and 169's on PT's in the last week or so has spoiled this.  Hopefully I'll be on an upswing by Monday.  I'm leaning towards taking one more PT on Saturday.

« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2008, 03:06:26 PM »
yea i took 50 today and it sucked.  saving these new tests for last was maybe a bad call...i know that scalewise and percentile wise i'm maybe just as good getting 165-170 as i was getting 170-172 on PTs in the 20s and 30s, but it's hard convincing myself of that.  i have dramatically improved my games strategy by starting on the older, harder games (yesterday on 49 i finished the games with 12 min to spare and got 100%)

i feel like it's a crapshoot - i never seem to make the same mistakes twice.  just gotta hope for a good scale on monday, and i would love to see an experimental reading comprehension.  two games sections or three LR would bust me.

« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2008, 03:46:18 PM »
Damn... I'm hoping for an experimental LG section, which has only occured ONCE out of my 13 PT's so far.  LG is my best section and barely takes a toll on my endurence.  My personal law of averages says I may just get lucky on Monday.

« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2008, 04:18:13 PM »
Blah. I took PT 42 today and got a 159. I completely tanked the end of the last LR section, as well as not doing nearly as well on the LG section as I've done in the past week.

Kinda disappointing after getting a 167 and a 166 in the past few days.