Law School Discussion

how all you right-wing assholes feeling these days?

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: how all you right-wing assholes feeling these days?
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2008, 09:19:41 PM »
Julie Fern, what accent are you going for? Russian?

what citizenship you going for?  cuban?

« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2008, 10:47:28 PM »
Saying McCain is not a maverick based on the "stats" is really a joke. Just because it is not common to vote against the party means nothing. He has voted on hundreds of issues. Yes, he is a conservative that's why he usually votes with the Republicans - the point of being called a maverick is supposed to show that when his conscience dictates McCain is willing to buck the party not that he isn't a member of the party at all. Immigration, campaign finance reform, same-sex marriage (McCain supported state rights), stem cell research, the Gang of 14, and many other issues are just a FEW examples of McCain's true maverick status. Not only that, McCain was willing to criticize Bush and Rumsfield during the Iraq war. At least McCain has something to show for the fact that he has worked across party lines, what does Obama have? He is the one that makes this claim as a TRUE UNITER, yet he NEVEEEEEEER votes across party lines....so cut out the crap.

you dirty librul, doing research.

More like a dirty liberal bending the truth and facts, but I can understand. After all, Michael Moore is your hero.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2008, 04:33:07 AM »
Saying McCain is not a maverick based on the "stats" is really a joke. Just because it is not common to vote against the party means nothing. He has voted on hundreds of issues. Yes, he is a conservative that's why he usually votes with the Republicans - the point of being called a maverick is supposed to show that when his conscience dictates McCain is willing to buck the party not that he isn't a member of the party at all. Immigration, campaign finance reform, same-sex marriage (McCain supported state rights), stem cell research, the Gang of 14, and many other issues are just a FEW examples of McCain's true maverick status. Not only that, McCain was willing to criticize Bush and Rumsfield during the Iraq war. At least McCain has something to show for the fact that he has worked across party lines, what does Obama have? He is the one that makes this claim as a TRUE UNITER, yet he NEVEEEEEEER votes across party lines....so cut out the crap.

More like a dirty liberal bending the truth and facts, but I can understand. After all, Michael Moore is your hero.

julie welcome insults from all right-wing assholes.

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2008, 05:06:32 AM »

I think its clear that 2000 McCain =/= 2008 McCain.  He clearly takes a pessimists view of the world now, and wants to bunker down against the coming liberal onslaught that huge legislative majorities bring (i.e., he is becoming the party man out of necessity, which makes me sad).  Also, hes pretty close to the end.   I await a Jim Webb presidency :P

« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2008, 05:16:57 AM »
I think its clear that 2000 McCain =/= 2008 McCain.  He clearly takes a pessimists view of the world now, and wants to bunker down against the coming liberal onslaught that huge legislative majorities bring (i.e., he is becoming the party man out of necessity, which makes me sad).  Also, hes pretty close to the end.   I await a Jim Webb presidency Tongue

Well, you better wait for a LONG time, because the odds of that happening are pretty low. And people think McCain has a bad temper? Webb freely admitted that he could barely restrain himself from resorting to blows with the President of the United States because he said "How's your boy?". Whether or not you think the President was being a jerk, it doesn't mean that you should even think about physical violence let alone have to restrain yourself. Also, Webb is not liberal enough to ever win the nomination. Groups like moveon.org would definitely try their best to go against him, especially with their anti-military tendencies. McCain is not the same as he was in 2000...well NO DUH! Different issues, different candidates, different policy questions are probably a good reason for that. He accomplished or tried to accomplish some of the things he wanted like the line-item veto and campaign finance reform. That's probably a good reason for his "change". Pessimistic view of the world? Maybe, that's cause he sees terror cells propping themselves up in every part of the world. I know how much Obama loves to think how great everything is, but it doesn't matter how much you love to say hope and optimism, the threat is still there....

If you want to feel good, vote Obama. If you want the real progress, vote McCain.

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2008, 06:24:55 AM »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/05/post_40.html

The truth on Obama's foreign policy.......

FDR and Truman never met with our foreign enemies (Stalin was a wartime ally)
JFK almost screwed us with his meeting with Krushchev.
LBJ never met with Ho Chi Minh.

I think Obama needs a history lesson as this article points out.....

« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2008, 07:28:55 AM »

Jack wrote:

I'm not voting Republican or Democrat.  I think McCain is a good man, but I'm likely going to vote 3rd party.
I'll probably vote for Bob Barr.

Might as well throw your vote away. A vote that isn't for McCain is a vote that puts Obama one more step towards the White House.

Not correct.  Jack's vote only matters in a handful of states.  If he lives in a solid blue or solid red state, his vote contributes nothing to the selection of the president.  Unless, of course, a significant portion of his state's voters also choose to vote third party - then, it appears Jack has contributed to the growth of a multi-party system, which seems to be a worthy goal, and not consistent with "throwing one's vote away".

Don't worry too much - I'll be balancing Jack's non-McCain vote with one for the Green candidate (unless it's Nader, and then I'll write in Gore.)

LOL @ Al Gore. You're an idiot.

« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2008, 07:32:02 AM »
McCain isn't Bush. The Republican Party is a group with many different factions. To flat out dismiss McCain because of the last 8 years is not fair. I can understand wanting to vote out the Republicans from Congress, but the Presidency is a whole different story. McCain is his own man, and he has never truly had a good relationship with Bush. For liberals that say McCain is a 3rd Bush term, they have got to be joking.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/0507mccainvotes0507.html

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/m000303/

A Washington Post analysis notes McCain voted with the GOP this term 88.3 percent of the time, the same as Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., whose conservative credentials are seldom questioned. McCain ranked ahead of 29 other Republicans, including Arizona's Jon Kyl, who holds the No. 2 spot in party leadership.

Wow - Obama's at about 97 percent.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23276453/

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2008, 07:32:17 AM »
I think its clear that 2000 McCain =/= 2008 McCain. He clearly takes a pessimists view of the world now, and wants to bunker down against the coming liberal onslaught that huge legislative majorities bring (i.e., he is becoming the party man out of necessity, which makes me sad). Also, hes pretty close to the end. I await a Jim Webb presidency Tongue

Well, you better wait for a LONG time, because the odds of that happening are pretty low. And people think McCain has a bad temper? Webb freely admitted that he could barely restrain himself from resorting to blows with the President of the United States because he said "How's your boy?". Whether or not you think the President was being a jerk, it doesn't mean that you should even think about physical violence let alone have to restrain yourself. Also, Webb is not liberal enough to ever win the nomination. Groups like moveon.org would definitely try their best to go against him, especially with their anti-military tendencies. McCain is not the same as he was in 2000...well NO DUH! Different issues, different candidates, different policy questions are probably a good reason for that. He accomplished or tried to accomplish some of the things he wanted like the line-item veto and campaign finance reform. That's probably a good reason for his "change". Pessimistic view of the world? Maybe, that's cause he sees terror cells propping themselves up in every part of the world. I know how much Obama loves to think how great everything is, but it doesn't matter how much you love to say hope and optimism, the threat is still there....

If you want to feel good, vote Obama. If you want the real progress, vote McCain.

and if want be right-wing a-hole, post like this.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2008, 07:33:43 AM »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/05/post_40.html

The truth on Obama's foreign policy.......

FDR and Truman never met with our foreign enemies (Stalin was a wartime ally)
JFK almost screwed us with his meeting with Krushchev.
LBJ never met with Ho Chi Minh.

I think Obama needs a history lesson as this article points out.....

that almost-president obama to you, nimrod.