Law School Discussion

Low UGPA..Can't get into law school

Re: Low UGPA..Can't get into law school
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 11:35:19 AM »
You're an idiot.  This person has been unable to get into ANY law school for two years because his LSAT was so bad.  WTF are you talking about the t14 for?

you'll get in everywhere you apply!

Nice.  I saw a link to this on XO and figured I had to come say something.

You see that Rambis is up for the Suns job?

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 11:37:37 AM »
You see that Rambis is up for the Suns job?

I'm going to need a new alias.

I think you're safe - he's a longshot.

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 01:21:33 PM »
Princeton Law

Just go ahead and send in your $500 non-refundable tuition deposit to me personally. I'll make sure it gets to where it needs to go. PM for details

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 01:37:05 PM »
Dude your doing it wrong, let me give you step by step advice:

1. Post 144 as your diagnostic score, not your actual score, then everyone encourages you to keep prepping. Because if you say its your real score everyone will say youíre not smart enough to go to law school, but if itís a diagnostic it doesnít count!

2. Study for LSAT five hours a day, five days a week, for five months, get 175. Post here, everyone congratulates you because now youíre smart enough to go to law school.

3. Call yourself a splitter, convince yourself that even though you could not break 3.0 over 4 years of undergrad your high LSAT means youíre going to rock the law school.

4. Apply to T14 schools, get admitted, believe that they saw some potential in you other than just boosting their rank with your LSAT score.

5. Pick the best T14 you can that does not have grades or ranking

6. Get your ass handed to you in 1L by people who did not need five months of prep for a 3 hour multiple choice exam.

7. Fail bar exam, blame school.

8. Blame your school for only getting you a 145k job.

8. Convince yourself the firm hired you not just for the name on your diploma but because you are a good lawyer.

10. Become depressed that even though you make good money you job is actually poring coffee for a-hole senior associates and feeding their parking meters.

11. Get bad performance review because you could not reason your way out of a paper bag and lose big law job. Blame school.

12. Register on XO, make fun of other people to make you feel better about your miserable life, tell folks who score 144 on the LSAT their too dumb to go to law school.

13. Win at life!

SCK2008

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 01:42:23 PM »
#10 is my favorite...

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 02:04:28 PM »
Oh I forgot a step, insert "get Asian girlfriend" between the two 8's.

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 02:10:12 PM »
This is a stupid f-ing shtick.

And i think you mean 'gleaned.'

SCK2008

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 02:17:10 PM »
Oh I forgot a step, insert "get Asian girlfriend" between the two 8's.

Only one gf?  I was hoping to become a womanizer...

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 02:19:12 PM »
This is a stupid f-ing shtick.

Should I post some WGWAG pics and show everyone how original I can be?

EarlCat

• i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 10:02:30 PM »
Why the hell do you want to go to law school in the first place?  It is not a place for slackers or people who can't succeed academically.  There are FEW schools that will admit you with that low a GPA and NONE that will accept you with that GPA/LSAT combination.  Correction, no schools that can provide you with any reasonable post-graduate employment opportunities.  Sure, you can get into a T14...if you score a 175.  let's be realistic.

There are many reasons people have low GPA's, and not all of them are because of slacking or academic incompetence.

That being said, someone with a low GPA has a very steep hill to climb.  In over two years of teaching LSAT for a living, I've only seen it done a few times.

em1128, you've got to get your LSAT up a LOT (which may mean not applying for 09), and then when you do start applying, you've got to apply to more than just 5 schools to find one that will take a low GPA splitter.  I applied to 19 with a high GPA and LSAT.  If my numbers were a tougher sell, I'd do more like 30.